Gulfstream Stakes 02/01/2014

Started by peeptoad, January 31, 2014, 07:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

The start of a new month- the start of a new bankroll, lol...

Anyone got any longshots they like? Of course I am on the hunt for value, but Wildcat Red does look pretty good in the Hutcheson. There are two price horses I like (on paper anyway) in that one: #1 Spot and #9 Tashir. Will play the tote; at 20-1 ML I love Tashir, but not sure he can replicate last. Might box with the 1 and Wildcat Red. Gambler's Ghost looks interesting as well, but maybe wait and see what he does off the maiden score. I would not be at all surprised if I am way off the mark here since these are unproven, lightly-raced 3yos.

In the Turf Sprint I will probably take a small chance on Travelin Man. The jury is out since he has not run on turf, but he worked decently on it a couple of weeks ago and the pedigree seems like it could go either way. A Pletcher horse at 10-1 ML I will take a shot with.

:rhrse:

Senator L

I have to get a racing form, but with all the rain in the turf sprint
I would think the #11 Berlino De Tiger will be a lock :chickendance:
Saw him on Derby day and he was awesome

peeptoad

Will have to watch the weather. Last time I looked only a 10% chance of rain in Miami tomorrow...

Senator L

I like your longs hots Tashir and Spot. How they put #8 Trail Blaze ml at 3 -1  C. Zee at 5-1
doesn't make much sense to me. But I do think the favs in the race are over rated.
I also like the #7 Long on Value I think he'll like the 7 f distance. I just wish B. Mott would
tighten the screws a little more with his horses first out

peeptoad

Quote from: Senator L on January 31, 2014, 07:42:17 PM
I like your longs hots Tashir and Spot. How they put #8 Trail Blaze ml at 3 -1  C. Zee at 5-1
doesn't make much sense to me. But I do think the favs in the race are over rated.
I also like the #7 Long on Value I think he'll like the 7 f distance. I just wish B. Mott would
tighten the screws a little more with his horses first out

Yeah, I might throw down a small amount on both of those guys. I agree- not crazy about the chalk ML in this race. I don't want to lose like the SA p6 last week though. Going easy today, lol...

Senator L

You rock Peeptoad

peeptoad

Quote from: Senator L on February 01, 2014, 05:02:02 PM
You rock Peeptoad

Even though I only hit 1 of 3 wagers? Just kidding... at any rate Travelin Man is definitely one to watch in turf sprints from now on. I think he would have won with a better trip.

Senator L

One more than me! LMAO :happy:

Print
User actions