Three year olds returning as four year olds

Started by Man o Taz, January 14, 2014, 09:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

And Palace Malice is pointed to the Gulfstream Park Handicap...March 8th.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Quote from: Man o Taz on February 09, 2014, 02:43:49 PM
Anyone hear anything on Moreno and War Dancer?

Moreno
Your Comment: 10 g- Ghostzapper x Dance in the Sun light (AP Indy)

Date: February 19, 2014
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.02:00 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

Man o Taz

Thanks Peeptoad...and I look forward to seeing Normandy Invasion make his return this weekend at Gulfstream Park.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Apparently Itsmyluckyday is possible for the Gulfstream Park H. where he may meet Palace Malice, Revolutionary, among others... tough spot for the comeback off a long layoff, but the connections say he is 110% right now. Good luck to him- he's one of my favorite 3yos fro last year.

Man o Taz

Thanks for the update.

Normandy Invasion looked impressive in his 2014 debut.

I knew I should have visited Mr. Plesa's barn when I was in Florida.

Man o Taz

Hopefully, we'll get some answers this Saturday at Gulfstream Park when we see Itsmyluckyday and Palace Malice square off in the G2 Gulfstream Park Handicap.

peeptoad

Quote from: Man o Taz on March 05, 2014, 10:48:58 AM
Hopefully, we'll get some answers this Saturday at Gulfstream Park when we see Itsmyluckyday and Palace Malice square off in the G2 Gulfstream Park Handicap.

I suspect Falling Sky may be very tough in this spot. Depending on who else is entered he has a recency edge on the other top contenders.

Man o Taz

I agree. Other than his maiden, Palace Malice does not have a win at less than 9 furlongs.

And Falling Sky does not have one beyond 8.5 furlongs. Thus, at shorter distances he seems the better horse - but Mr. Pletcher seems to think that Palace is primed for this.

I wonder what's next for Revolutionary.

He looked incredible defeating Falling Sky in that allowance race, then he finished 7th in the Donn Handicap.

Do you try him at shorter distances, like the Carter Handicap? Or longer, like the Brooklyn Handicap? He's won at a mile, 8.5 furlongs and 9 furlongs. And been 3rd and 5th in races of 10 furlongs or longer.

Man o Taz

I see Moreno has been turning in some sharp works at Santa Anita. Does anyone have any idea where Mr. Guillot is pointing him?

Santa Anita   3/19/2014   Dirt   4F   47.60   Handily   2/22
Santa Anita   3/12/2014   Dirt   7F   1:23.20   Handily   1/2
Santa Anita   3/5/2014           Dirt   5F   59.20   Handily   5/50
Santa Anita   2/26/2014   Dirt   6F   1:15.60   Handily   30/30
Santa Anita   2/19/2014   Dirt   5F   1:02.00   Handily   19/31
Santa Anita   2/12/2014   Dirt   4F   49.20   Handily   37/49

Dance With Gable

I, personally, would love to see him try once more in SoCal ... but that's just me being greedy.

Then, if it doesn't go well, station on the East Coast again. He really blossomed once he went out there and obviously, thus far, prefers that circuit.

Man o Taz

You can have him for one more race. Then I want him back. (SMILE)

I hope Revolutionary improves in his next outing to show the form in his return to racing before the poor showing in the Donn Handicap.

I just read that he and Mylute are out of the New Orleans Handicap.

And Itsmyluckyday from his 4th place finish in the Gulfstream Park Handicap.

The Tin Man

Quote from: Man o Taz on March 25, 2014, 09:46:54 AM
You can have him for one more race. Then I want him back. (SMILE)

As long as he's still not diggin' it here and will prefer your stomping grounds still ... We've got a deal Taz!  :)

Man o Taz

Deal.

Man o Taz

I didn't even pay any attention to the New Orleans Handicap 8 days ago...

Palace Malice and Normandy Invasion finished 1,2 and Golden Soul was also in the race finishing 5th.

I guess Normandy Invasion should get back on the work tab this week.

It also looks like four more three year olds from last year will be entering the Oaklawn Handicap this Saturday...

Carve
Prayer for Relief
Revolutionary
Will Take Charge

Has anyone heard where Itsmyluckyday might be pointing next?

Man o Taz

Revolutionary ran a credible 2nd to Will Take Charge who I expected a much better finish from - but a win is a win.

Print
User actions