Andy Beyer stirs the pot. . . .

Started by Dave in TJ Mex, December 19, 2013, 12:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave in TJ Mex

. . . trashing Wise Dan and his ownership while lobbying for Mucho Macho Man as HOY.

http://www.drf.com/news/andrew-beyer-mucho-macho-man-deserving-horse-year-title

Senator L

Andy always was and always will be a dirt guy. Wise Dan continues to be doubted

peeptoad

Quote from: Senator L on December 19, 2013, 06:04:08 PM
Andy always was and always will be a dirt guy. Wise Dan continues to be doubted

Most definitely, despite the fact that he dominated his division more thoroughly than any dirt horse did in theirs this year.

Man o Taz

If Mucho Macho Man's connections wanted an Eclipse award for HOTY he should have run in and won the Clark Handicap.

Heck, I do not even think he deserves the champion older horse award. That should go to Game On Dude.

The fact remains he raced sporadically this year. It was because of his health. And his connections deserve all the credit in the world for getting him right for the last two races of the season.

BUT - he was healthy after the BC Classic - and they opted to skip the Clark Handicap. How does Mr. Beyer account for this?

Wise Dan, on the other hand, may have started a bit late in April, but he ran in 5 G1 races and two G2 races and he was 7-6-1-0 which is pretty darn good.

Mucho Macho Man on the other hand still ran in 5 races, 3 G1s and two ungraded stakes. He won two stakes at the end of the year. HOTY?

No. Not in my book. I like the horse a lot. He was one of my Derby horses when he was three. And I love that he is still racing. But either you do something spectacular with your wins or you race when you can. And he did not do either in my book.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Man o Taz on December 23, 2013, 01:56:41 PM
If Mucho Macho Man's connections wanted an Eclipse award for HOTY he should have run in and won the Clark Handicap.

Heck, I do not even think he deserves the champion older horse award. That should go to Game On Dude.

The fact remains he raced sporadically this year. It was because of his health. And his connections deserve all the credit in the world for getting him right for the last two races of the season.

BUT - he was healthy after the BC Classic - and they opted to skip the Clark Handicap. How does Mr. Beyer account for this?

Wise Dan, on the other hand, may have started a bit late in April, but he ran in 5 G1 races and two G2 races and he was 7-6-1-0 which is pretty darn good.

Mucho Macho Man on the other hand still ran in 5 races, 3 G1s and two ungraded stakes. He won two stakes at the end of the year. HOTY?

No. Not in my book. I like the horse a lot. He was one of my Derby horses when he was three. And I love that he is still racing. But either you do something spectacular with your wins or you race when you can. And he did not do either in my book.

I agree.

If MMM is HOY, it simply means that whoever wins the BCC is automatically HOY. 

That's not how it should be.

Raven

I'm a BIG MMM fun and i think he is a top three older horse. That said,i can't see him as HOTY!

Who gets it?  I don't really care.
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Print
User actions