Hollywood Futurity- 12/14/13

Started by peeptoad, December 11, 2013, 04:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

Hollywood Futurity, CashCall Futurity... this fine race goes for the final time this Saturday and a full field of 12 is expected:
http://betfairhollywoodpark.com/news/field-taking-shape-for-grade-i-cashcall-futurity

Can't wait to see how some of these guys perform here. Hollendorfer appears to have a quality pair in Shared Belief and Tamarando, Poker Player winner of the off-the-turf Bourbon S at KEE, plus the 4th and 5th place finishers from the BC Juvenile (Bond Holder & Tap It Rich). Add to that a number of interesting maiden winners and it should be a great race!

Senator L

Should be a good race to handicap. Looking forward to it

serenassong

Always love to watch the cards from Cali and Florida when the weather is bad outside, makes me feel better :)
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Senator L

Think I am going to go with karma king wire to wire good luck

The Tin Man

Tamarando for me!

peeptoad

On paper Tamarando is pretty solidly my top pick in here. He definitely seems to prefer synthetics (probably because that SA drag strip is a chore to close on), and the distance will not be an issue. Only question is the pace. With virtually no early speed signed on (and the only real speed horse removing the blinkers) he might be up against it in the stretch. He doesn't have the "brilliance" that Shared Belief has shown, nor the pedigree of Tap It Rich, but I think he can get the job done.
If Shared Belief does not have a problem with the 2 turns, then all other might be vying for 2nd. He looked fantastic in his 2 prior starts, both at sprint distances. This will be the real test.
Tap It Rich is the other that will take money, and if he gets a good trip and keeps his head should figure, but I actually prefer the McPeek horse Sheikinator. He's run twice at the distance, and registered a decent win 2nd time out at CD, which means he likely will handle to HOL synth, which is more similar to dirt than most of the other synthetic tracks.
Pretty wide open race though. Good luck.

Tamarando
Shared Belief
Sheikinator/ Tap It Rich

Senator L

The more I look at the race the more its hard to get by Shared Belief ill take him over rankhasprivileges and electric eddie
Good Luck

peeptoad

Just watched the replay and Shared belief look phenomenal! I do like this horse, but was having some doubts about the two-turns. Not anymore. 10F is a far cry from 8.5, but it's a step in the right direction. Hollendorfer has a good head on his shoulders, so I know he won't push the horse in that direction if it's not right for the horse.

I probably seem like a Dorf fangirl, but I'm actually not (nothing against him at all either)... he just happens to train 3 of my favorite horses racing right now: SB, Ghost, and Nonios (oh Nonios, where are you??!)

Zenyatta

And.....the very impressive Shared Belief got a 106 Beyer, head and shoulders above the rest of the two year old crowd.

Whoever decided to run Karma King yesterday should be drawn and quartered. That horse reared up, abd then ran off at full speed for half mile. I was standing in full view of it and everyone figured he would be a late scratch. Dumb, very dumb.

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on December 15, 2013, 03:51:41 PM
And.....the very impressive Shared Belief got a 106 Beyer, head and shoulders above the rest of the two year old crowd.

Whoever decided to run Karma King yesterday should be drawn and quartered. That horse reared up, abd then ran off at full speed for half mile. I was standing in full view of it and everyone figured he would be a late scratch. Dumb, very dumb.

I agree.

The stewards were clowns for letting that horse race after he sprinted half a mile before the race while his jock held on for dear life.

The Tin Man

I just watched the replay of Shared Belief's win here and as impressive as he was in person ... He just gets more and more impressive each time I watch it!

If this guy stays healthy, he's gonna be a beast! Perhaps he already is ...

Not sure who CNak has been on since Lava ... But Shared Belief may just end up being his best mount since Lava.

Count me EXTREMELY impressed!

BTW ... Vic's call was fantastic as usual ... He REALLY knows how to put that extra UMMMPPF on those extra special performances!

The Tin Man

Jim Rome on Shared Belief today ... Starts at 6:10 in ...

http://jimrome.com/audio/1691-the-jim-rome-show/jim-rome-hour-2-12162013/

peeptoad

The Tin Man

Quote from: peeptoad on December 17, 2013, 04:08:03 AM
Is that 6:10 PST??

Nope ... 6 minutes and 10 seconds into the podcast. :)

Senator L

Quote from: The Tin Man on December 16, 2013, 06:56:14 PM
I just watched the replay of Shared Belief's win here and as impressive as he was in person ... He just gets more and more impressive each time I watch it!

If this guy stays healthy, he's gonna be a beast! Perhaps he already is ...

Not sure who CNak has been on since Lava ... But Shared Belief may just end up being his best mount since Lava.

Count me EXTREMELY impressed!

BTW ... Vic's call was fantastic as usual ... He REALLY knows how to put that extra UMMMPPF on those extra special performances!

I thought the call was over the top a bit IMO. He reminded me of the guy at Woodbine
Dan Louiselle. I thought his voice went wacky in the stretch run lol

Print
User actions