Which racetrack do you prefer to host the Breeders' Cup (2015-2030)?

Started by mchorseracecall, November 21, 2013, 08:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchorseracecall

Dave, Victor, please give me your list of different racetracks that you guys prefer to host the Breeders' Cup from 2015, all the way through 2030.

(Hint1: It should be on a major racetrack that has both the main track (dirt or synthetic) and a turf course)
(Hint2: It should be on a major racetrack that has live horse racing action during the final week of October or the first week of November)
(Hint3: it should be in different racetracks beside the Santa Anita Autumn Meet from 2015 thorough 2019)
(Hint4: It should be in different racetracks along with the Santa Anita Autumn Meet from 2020 thorough 2030)

Dave in TJ Mex

WTF?

As long as Trevor calls the BC races, I don't care!

Ask Zenyatta, she knows more than I do about this.

mchorseracecall

Same thing with Dave, I don't care which media source or which television network broadcast the Breeders' Cup races, as long as I can hear Trevor's call of all the Breeders' Cup races, that's fine for me. I was very lucky that I've got a chance to hear my favorite horse racing announcer, Trevor Denman's call of all the Breeders' Cup races this year. In my opinion, Trevor did a tremendous and scintillating job in calling all of the Breeders' Cup races this year. Let's hope NBC broadcast Trevor's call of  all the Breeders' Cup races next year. Otherwise, in the beginning of 2014, if NBC use Collmus while Trevor is calling all of the Breeders' Cup races for other media sources such as the on-track simulcast network, internet, and Horse Racing Radio Network broadcast, we would like to ask the Breeders' Cup Limited to end their contract with NBC Sports immediately. Or else, if NBC wants Collmus for their telecast, don't host the Breeders' Cup at the Santa Anita Autumn Meet ever again because Dave and I like to have Trevor calling the Breeders' Cup races at Santa Anita .  :rhrse:

Zenyatta

Quote from: Dave in TJ Mex on November 25, 2013, 06:44:06 PM
Quote from: Vic in Chicago on November 25, 2013, 05:26:51 PM
I believe one issue CD has in getting the BC is that there is another very large convention in Louisville every year the same week - the Future Farmers of America.  Believe it or not, it's as big or bigger than the BC in terms of economic impact, hotel rooms etc., and runs four days, not two.  Plus, they're willing to come every year, which of course the BC never will.  And Louisville is not big enough to accommodate both at the same time.  As big as horse racing is to Louisville, the city fathers are unwilling to risk losing the FFA by trying to muscle them out of their preferred dates.

I've never heard this.

But you would know, you are kind of a hayseed with special interests in corn and hogs, aren't you?

Be nice to Vic or  I may just have to ban you.

And mchorse, what's with the "Victor" thing? If he wanted to be called Victor, his handle would be Victor in Chicago.

mchorseracecall

Zen, the reason why I called Vic In Chicago, "Victor", is because when I was at TBC, I used to call Vic Stauffer, who is the announcer from Hollywood Park and a racing steward from Northern California, Vic. If I called Vic In Chicago, Vic, people might think Vic In Chicago is Vic Stauffer, but it's not, that's why I called Vic In Chicago, Victor. If Vic Stauffer was trying to be very helpful regarding on my announcing, he should let me go to Betfair Hollywood Park and practice announcing horse racing during the Spring/Summer Meet. I've already send him the email to accept his offer, and the Admin from TBC, Victoria and I both knew that I send the email to Vic Stauffer to accept the offer. But the problem is after I send him the email, he wasn't being very helpful, told me that I didn't send him the email, and pretend like I didn't accept his offer. After I gave evidence to proof that I did send the email to Vic Stauffer on March 16th, the offer that I accepted never worked, and I didn't get a chance to go there to practice announcing horse races from Hollywood Park instead I was practicing my race calls from that racetrack at my home. If Vic Stauffer was very helpful just like Trevor Denman, Vic Stauffer should let me go there and practice my race calls instead of pretending that I didn't send him the email. The following is my email that I gave to Vic Stauffer on March 16th 2013, when I accept his offer:

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 10:48 AM
Subject: mchorseracecall: arrangement with Hollywood Park

Dear Vic:
Thanks for your kind advice. Can you tell me more about the booth at the seventh floor in Hollywood Park, is there any similar set up as that of the real announcer's booth or is that just a room upstairs? Do I need to pay any fees to access the racetrack or booth? At this stage, I may not be able to go everyday to Hollywood Park because I have to attend my lessons in college and I have a final exam at the end of April. I know that it is a good opportunity and great experience for me taking the first step towards my future career, but can I possibly start off going to Hollywood Park once a week from May onwards during Sundays, then increase the number of visits later on? I understand I'll have a long way to go and much to improve on in order to become a successful professional announcer in the future, and I am so grateful for all your help. Hope to hear from you soon about the arrangement.

Sincerely
mchorseracecall

Everyone, Vic In Chicago is not Vic Stauffer, the announcer from Hollywood Park and a racing steward from Northern California, please understand that.

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 26, 2013, 06:59:41 AM
Zen, the reason why I called Vic In Chicago, "Victor", is because when I was at TBC, I used to call Vic Stauffer, who is the announcer from Hollywood Park and a racing steward from Northern California, Vic. If I called Vic In Chicago, Vic, people might think Vic In Chicago is Vic Stauffer, but it's not, that's why I called Vic In Chicago, Victor. If Vic Stauffer was trying to be very helpful regarding on my announcing, he should let me go to Betfair Hollywood Park and practice announcing horse racing during the Spring/Summer Meet. I've already send him the email to accept his offer, and the Admin from TBC, Victoria and I both knew that I send the email to Vic Stauffer to accept the offer. But the problem is after I send him the email, he wasn't being very helpful, told me that I didn't send him the email, and pretend like I didn't accept his offer. After I gave evidence to proof that I did send the email to Vic Stauffer on March 16th, the offer that I accepted never worked, and I didn't get a chance to go there to practice announcing horse races from Hollywood Park instead I was practicing my race calls from that racetrack at my home. If Vic Stauffer was very helpful just like Trevor Denman, Vic Stauffer should let me go there and practice my race calls instead of pretending that I didn't send him the email. The following is my email that I gave to Vic Stauffer on March 16th 2013, when I accept his offer:

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 10:48 AM
Subject: mchorseracecall: arrangement with Hollywood Park

Dear Vic:
Thanks for your kind advice. Can you tell me more about the booth at the seventh floor in Hollywood Park, is there any similar set up as that of the real announcer's booth or is that just a room upstairs? Do I need to pay any fees to access the racetrack or booth? At this stage, I may not be able to go everyday to Hollywood Park because I have to attend my lessons in college and I have a final exam at the end of April. I know that it is a good opportunity and great experience for me taking the first step towards my future career, but can I possibly start off going to Hollywood Park once a week from May onwards during Sundays, then increase the number of visits later on? I understand I'll have a long way to go and much to improve on in order to become a successful professional announcer in the future, and I am so grateful for all your help. Hope to hear from you soon about the arrangement.

Sincerely
mchorseracecall

Everyone, Vic In Chicago is not Vic Stauffer, the announcer from Hollywood Park and a racing steward from Northern California, please understand that.

But how do we know that "Vic in Chicago" isn't Vic Stauffer, the BHP track announcer?

Maybe Vic Stauffer is just trying to throw us off by having a second "handle," and trying to trick us by alleging he is actually in Chicago.

Vic in Chicago, maybe you should post a photo of Chicago to prove you are there and not in SoCal.

Man o Taz

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 25, 2013, 07:23:14 PM
Dave, Victor, please give me your list of different racetracks that you guys prefer to host the Breeders' Cup from 2015, all the way through 2030.

(Hint1: It should be on a major racetrack that has both the main track (dirt or synthetic) and a turf course)
(Hint2: It should be on a major racetrack that has live horse racing action during the final week of October or the first week of November)
(Hint3: it should be in different racetracks beside the Santa Anita Autumn Meet from 2015 thorough 2019)
(Hint4: It should be in different racetracks along with the Santa Anita Autumn Meet from 2020 thorough 2030)

Not necessarily.

Monmouth Park did not have live racing immediately prior to hosting the Breeders Cup.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Vic in Chicago

Wait a minute.  You guys are confusing this again.

I thought we had settled on three criteria for the Breeders' Cup:

1. Has a main course.
2. Has a turf course.
3. Is near a White Castle.

To my knowledge, that pretty much narrows it down to Hawthorne and Aqueduct.   ;D

(Note to mchorseracecall...that yellow thing up there means it's a joke.) 

Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Vic in Chicago

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 25, 2013, 11:18:21 PM
Be nice to Vic or  I may just have to ban you.

And mchorse, what's with the "Victor" thing? If he wanted to be called Victor, his handle would be Victor in Chicago.

Thank you Zenyatta.  The abuse is getting to be a bit much.   :)

Sincerely,

Victor in Chicago
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

pointgivenfan

Imagine.
The BC at Hawthorne.

*shudder*

serenassong

Quote from: Vic in Chicago on November 26, 2013, 11:48:16 AM

1. Has a main course.
2. Has a turf course.

To my knowledge, that pretty much narrows it down to Hawthorne and Aqueduct.   ;D

Is there a White Castle near Belmont? It's important to console myself with all the money I may end up losing  :lmao:

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

mchorseracecall

1. Has a main course.
2. Has a turf course.

No, Victor, the three criteria we want for the Breeders' Cup are:

I. It should be on different racetracks that have both the main track (dirt or synthetic) and a turf course.
II. It should be on different racetracks beside the Santa Anita Autumn Meet from 2015 thorough 2019.
III. It should be on different racetracks along with the Santa Anita Autumn Meet from 2020 thorough 2030.

Victor, please give me you list of different racetracks that you prefer to host the Breeders' Cup from 2015 thorough 2030.

mchorseracecall

Quote from: pointgivenfan on November 26, 2013, 11:54:11 AM
Imagine.
The BC at Hawthorne.

*shudder*

As I said before, Pointgivenfan, I don't support on the permanent move of having a permanent site for the Breeders' Cup World Championships, because it gives no variety of choice to have different racetracks for the Breeders' Cup World Championships to horse racing fans across the United States. In addition, I don't support the idea having either one of these major racetracks to become the permanent site for the Breeders' Cup. In my opinion, no major racetracks include Hawthorne, Arlington Park, Churchill Downs, Monmouth Park, Del Mar, Santa Anita, and Woodbine should become the permanent site for the Breeders' Cup World Championships. Having a permanent site for the Breeders' Cup World Championships is like putting the Olympics in Los Angeles, putting the World Cup in the United States every time during every four year period, or putting the Super Bowl in New York every year, it doesn't give the variety of choice to have different locations to sport fans around the world.  It should be on different racetracks for the Breeders' Cup World Championships every year, two to three consecutive years of the Breeders' Cup World Championships in the same location, that's enough, and that's fine for me.

pointgivenfan

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 26, 2013, 01:17:42 PM
Quote from: pointgivenfan on November 26, 2013, 11:54:11 AM
Imagine.
The BC at Hawthorne.

*shudder*

As I said before, Pointgivenfan, I don't support on the permanent move of having a permanent site for the Breeders' Cup World Championships, because it gives no variety of choice to have different racetracks for the Breeders' Cup World Championships to horse racing fans across the United States. In addition, I don't support the idea having either one of these major racetracks to become the permanent site for the Breeders' Cup. In my opinion, no major racetracks include Hawthorne, Arlington Park, Churchill Downs, Monmouth Park, Del Mar, Santa Anita, and Woodbine should become the permanent site for the Breeders' Cup World Championships. Having a permanent site for the Breeders' Cup World Championships is like putting the Olympics in Los Angeles, putting the World Cup in the United States every time during every four year period, or putting the Super Bowl in New York every year, it doesn't give the variety of choice to have different locations to sport fans around the world.  It should be on different racetracks for the Breeders' Cup World Championships every year, two to three consecutive years of the Breeders' Cup World Championships in the same location, that's enough, and that's fine for me.
That was a lot of words that have already been said (repeatedly) in this thread and also had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what I said.

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 26, 2013, 01:09:05 PM

1. Has a main course.
2. Has a turf course.

No, Victor, the three criteria we want for the Breeders' Cup are:

I. It should be on different racetracks that have both the main track (dirt or synthetic) and a turf course.
II. It should be on different racetracks beside the Santa Anita Autumn Meet from 2015 thorough 2019.
III. It should be on different racetracks along with the Santa Anita Autumn Meet from 2020 thorough 2030.

Victor, please give me you list of different racetracks that you prefer to host the Breeders' Cup from 2015 thorough 2030.

Yeah, Victor, stop talking about White Castles and answer the question.   :mallet:

Print
User actions