Main Menu

2018 Breeders Cup

Started by Man o Taz, November 13, 2018, 08:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Well, a number of favorites won, but I had the benefit of attending and it was a ton of fun.

Seeing Enable sweep the double of the BC Turf and Arc was amazing and Magical was magical.

Accelerate proved he could win away from home. Roaring Lion did not like kickback, but won European HOTY. Mendelssohn was on a suicide mission on a tiring track on the inside but still managed to finish only 4 lengths behind the winner. Gunnevera finished second again. Thunder Snow finished a close third. Yoshida showed he probably needed a bit more seasoning before the race, or maybe the mile distance is better for him. McKinzie and West Coast were asked to do too much too soon. And Catholic Boy just didn't have it outside of NY.

Abel Tasman showed she is ready for the next stage of her life. Monomoy Girl proved to be pretty special winning the Distaff with Midnight Bisou third.Great to hear she is coming back.

City of Light proved tough in the Dirt Mile travelling better tham Catalina Cruiser.

And we shall see if Game Winner can become the third BC Juvenile/Kentucky Derby winner. In 2006, the BC was at Churchill and Street Sense became the first. In 2010, 2009 BC Juvenile winner Uncle Mo was scratched the day before the race.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

Nice analysis. Glad you had the sunshine on the 2nd day and you
got to see such a champion in Enable. As for our classic dirt division it seems like one
horse towers over the rest the last couple years.
I've been to Churchill but
I'd like to make it out to SA one year. I'm sure they don't call it
"The Great Race Place" for nothing