Fillies & Mares 2018

Started by BaroqueAgain1, August 09, 2018, 01:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaroqueAgain1

Hollendorfer Causes Stir As He Nominates Unique Bella To Pacific Classic; Plans Not Solid Yet
      Of the eight names on nomination forms for the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic secured by the Del Mar racing office as of Thursday morning there was one guaranteed to create a stir in fans and horsemen alike.
     That name: Unique Bella, the Eclipse Award-winning 4-year-old filly trained by Hall of Famer Jerry Hollendorfer, owned by Don Alberto Stable and earner of more than $1.2 million from nine wins in 12 career starts, most recently a half-length score in the Grade 1 $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes here on July 29.
     "We're nominating and we'll take a look at the other nominations," Hollendorfer said Thursday morning. Asked for a percentage estimate on the possibility of Unique Bella, Hollendorfer said: "Not at this time."

Read more: https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/hollendorfer-causes-stir-as-he-nominates-unique-bella-to-pacific-classic-plans-not-solid-yet/

I'm fairly sure that she won't end up running, unless there are a bunch of scratches from the present list of nominations. I love the big grey filly, but IMHO she might have a hard time beating some of the other nominees, like Accelerate, Catalina Cruiser or Pavel.

Senator L

I think the farther she goes the better  :chickendance: Doesn't seem like the older
male category is that strong right now. The good ones could stub their toe

stark

If she goes I don't think its a race to handicap by traditional methods.

But it won't stop me from betting on her ;D