Main Menu

TBC hacked again?

Started by BaroqueAgain1, July 24, 2018, 08:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Quote from: PostTimeMike on August 09, 2018, 09:33:38 AM
Doesn't look good for the Home Team!!! :( Guess I'll have to remove former Handicapping Forum Moderator off my resume!!! ::)

Note: Just discovered how to open this in Internet Explorer!! Can add smileys and other things!!! :OMG: :celebrate: :happy: :rhrse:

Events got me reminiscing on the old days of TBC.  8) TKS was the Moderator. Riff Raff was a regular. Matt Converse and Kennedy would be in the Contests. My favorite was "On The Nose"!! :thumbsup: Remember "Cyberbucks"??

Good ole days....but things change!!! :headshake: Just saddle up and keep riding!!! :racinghorse:

I remember those days very well! What fun
May they run with the wind

BaroqueAgain1

I am really sorry to see that the TBC site appears to be completely down. Even if we couldn't post for the last couple of weeks, we could still read all the existing posts.
   There's a lot of information there, and wonderful photos of foals, mares, stallions and retirees. I'd hate to think that all that is lost.   :(
   I went through that when TVG shut their Forum down. The TVG History section was a veritable encyclopedia of horse racing history and pedigrees, with tremendously-knowledgeable contributors like Mudmont. I know we had about three days warning to make copies of posts and messages, but it was painful when the site was erased.
     sigh.

WarBiscuit

Went to TBC a few minutes ago, and up came a page that I hadn't seen earlier in the day that simply says "We'll be back soon". My guess is that it's getting a complete teardown and overhaul...

WarBiscuit

BaroqueAgain1

Thanks for that tiny glimmer of hope.

WarBiscuit

More than a glimmer - it's back up and running!

WarBiscuit

BaroqueAgain1

It doesn't look the same, but it's great to have it back up. Losing ANY racing site is a big loss for us fans.
   And I'm going to try to continue my participation here. This site should also be appreciated.   ;)

WarBiscuit

I agree. I think they will have some bugs to work out at TBC before it settles back down - already a new "suspicious" post over there.

With regard to this site, I too, will spend more time here and try to bring new participants on board. It is indeed underappreciated, and I am grateful for everyone here who works to keep it going. Many thanks!

WarBiscuit

PostTimeMike

Quote from: WarBiscuit on August 09, 2018, 01:34:31 PM
More than a glimmer - it's back up and running!

WarBiscuit

Back up but still sketchy!!! :OMG: Bots / scams already showing up!!! >:( 

Certainly post there if so inclined!! In the meantime, wander over to the Handicapping Forum here and get your entry in for the Millions this weekend!!! We'll put out the Auxiliary Gate!!! :lmao:

It might seem like a daunting task to handicap the whole card. I just go to Equibase and scan the entries and base my selections on the following criteria:
     1. Louisiana breds
     2. Names - Rose / Mike / Bill / Sarah / Lindsey / Emily plus Cajun or New Orleans references
     3. Sires - Fair Grounds based (Repent / Blame (trained there) / Hard Spun / Mission Impazible / Curlin (trained there) / Majesticperfection / Discreetly Mine / Fort Prado (turf) / Mucho Macho Man (new) just to name a few.
     4. Other favorite sires - Gio Ponti (recent) / Smoke Glacken (especially gray or roans) / Macho Uno / Midshipman / Mizzen Mast (gray or roan) / Freud (turf) / plus a few others.
     5. Fair Grounds jockeys and trainers.

Final selections are not necessarily chosen by the above order. I usually click on their records before final picks. No ink stained hours pouring over the Racing Form. Just a casual stroll through the free information garden.  :thumbsup: No pressure!!! No problem!!! And Lady Cat's (Ruffian) calls and Tiger Dancer's visual embellishments are always outstanding.  :forruffian:

Hope to see ya'll in the Starting Gate!!! 8) :rhrse:

Dusty

Quote from: WarBiscuit on August 09, 2018, 01:56:19 PM
I agree. I think they will have some bugs to work out at TBC before it settles back down - already a new "suspicious" post over there.

With regard to this site, I too, will spend more time here and try to bring new participants on board. It is indeed underappreciated, and I am grateful for everyone here who works to keep it going. Many thanks!

WarBiscuit

FEEL Free tp start threads! We are trying!
May they run with the wind

Catalina

Quote from: WarBiscuit on August 09, 2018, 12:40:30 PM
Went to TBC a few minutes ago, and up came a page that I hadn't seen earlier in the day that simply says "We'll be back soon". My guess is that it's getting a complete teardown and overhaul...

WarBiscuit

Well, that's a great deal more encouraging!

peeptoad

Quote from: PostTimeMike on August 09, 2018, 09:33:38 AM
Doesn't look good for the Home Team!!! :( Guess I'll have to remove former Handicapping Forum Moderator off my resume!!! ::)

Note: Just discovered how to open this in Internet Explorer!! Can add smileys and other things!!! :OMG: :celebrate: :happy: :rhrse:

Events got me reminiscing on the old days of TBC.  8) TKS was the Moderator. Riff Raff was a regular. Matt Converse and Kennedy would be in the Contests. My favorite was "On The Nose"!! :thumbsup: Remember "Cyberbucks"??

Good ole days....but things change!!! :headshake: Just saddle up and keep riding!!! :racinghorse:

Good times, Mike! Cyberbucks was the bomb... whatever happened to Riff Raff?
MonmouthGuy too is gone,  but I think he hit a 6 figure super at the Spa several years ago, so prob on to greener pastures!   :thumbsup:

Senator L

The Knight Sky is very active on Twitter  :chickendance:

PostTimeMike

Quote from: peeptoad on August 10, 2018, 03:05:15 AM
Good times, Mike! Cyberbucks was the bomb... whatever happened to Riff Raff?
MonmouthGuy too is gone,  but I think he hit a 6 figure super at the Spa several years ago, so prob on to greener pastures!   :thumbsup:

I kept up with Riff Raff for a little while. Mostly email. He had just joined Facebook, but was regretting his decision!! :OMG: Didn't like reporting every little activity!!! :lmao:

Remember Monmouth Guy, but not as well!! ;D

Looks like TBC is back up with a fancy format!! Good form!! :thumbsup: Considering thoroughbred racing, we need all the help we can get!!! 8)

PostTimeMike

Quote from: Senator L on August 10, 2018, 06:35:43 AM
The Knight Sky is very active on Twitter  :chickendance:

I'm not a Twitter guy!! Just recently joined Facebook and have already throttled back my participation!! :headshake:

Hope all is well with TKS!!! 8)

Senator L

I have trouble getting on to this site  :OMG: Keeps coming up domain for sale. Anyone else
see this?

Print
User actions