Horses We'd Like to Own, the Sequel

Started by Zenyatta, November 17, 2013, 12:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

I started this topic on the other board and I'm bringing it back because of recent events concerning the horse that prompted me to start that topic. It makes me wonder who reads that board. Hmmm....

Of course,  what do I know, I am only a fan.

The horse of which I speak is Moments Notiz. He had at one time been running for as low as 12,500 at Indiana Downs and Turrfway,  but his form was very consistent and IMO he had a great deal of upside. Heck, Baffert brought Tough Tiz's Sis from Indiana Downs and she became a G1 winner. That's not to say this horse will do likewise,  but he has won on dirt, synthetic and in the slop, and his last Bris figure was a 99.

Imagine my surprise when I saw his name entered in a Starter Allowance @ Aqueduct, and under new ownership of David Jacobson. I guess since the previous owners only spent $2k on him and he's made $113K, they decided to sell him privately.

Oh, how I wish more than ever I'd reached into my pocket and shelled out that 12.5K. :banghead:

Raven

Sam Sparkle

He is entered in a 35k claimer at Aqueduct on wednesday.
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

The Tin Man

Luckarack ... Porfido ... and Cost Of Freedom.

Not only have they been excellent horses, but they're very cool ones too!

By the way ... I'm going to see Lava today ... hopefully I can morph that into seeing Ebby also. If I can get them to bring them out for pics, I'll post some here.  :)

peeptoad

Ea. I posted him in the thread on the other board too... he's entered in the 2nd (a 12500 claimer) at AQ in Thursday. If I had $12500 I would claim him and retire him. Jacobsen has him right now too...  :-X

serenassong

Gilligan, EA and Bigger is Bettor. They can all hang out togeather.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

The Tin Man

Quote from: serenassong on November 18, 2013, 05:28:10 AM

I'm with you on Gilligan and Bigger Is Bettor too! Love both of them.

We have so many ponies that we follow in common.

I'm not sure who EA is though ... but I have a feeling that once you tell me, I'm gonna wonder how I didn't figure it out!

Kennedy

Up With the Birds

Zenyatta

Quote from: peeptoad on November 18, 2013, 04:40:59 AM
Ea. I posted him in the thread on the other board too... he's entered in the 2nd (a 12500 claimer) at AQ in Thursday. If I had $12500 I would claim him and retire him. Jacobsen has him right now too...  :-X

Poor Ea. I hate seeing stakes horses reduced to this, esp in that barn.

peeptoad

Bigger is Bettor has really been on fire lately... hope you had him in that stakes race on Sunday.  :rhrse:

serenassong

Quote from: peeptoad on November 19, 2013, 05:03:19 AM

Bigger is Bettor has really been on fire lately... hope you had him in that stakes race on Sunday.  :rhrse:

I always back my handsome grey boy, I have been told he is a bit naughty around the barn, though. That's ok, still love him!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Raven

Quote from: Raven on November 17, 2013, 07:27:10 AM
Sam Sparkle

He is entered in a 35k claimer at Aqueduct on wednesday.

My boy just won that race BIG!!!

peeptoad

Well, Ea runs in about 5 minutes at the Big A. He last ran at the Spa in August and has posted exactly one recorded workout since then. Hang in there buddy...

peeptoad

Quote from: peeptoad on November 21, 2013, 09:42:31 AM
Well, Ea runs in about 5 minutes at the Big A. He last ran at the Spa in August and has posted exactly one recorded workout since then. Hang in there buddy...

Sigh.
Tracked in 3rd for the opening 1/2 mile, fell back steadily thereafter and was second last, but both trailing horses were distanced. He's 9. He's a gelding. He had nothing. Jacobsen PLEASE retire this horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually emailed Drawing Away Stables a couple of months ago, but they apparently could give a rat's ass.
Wish I had the 12,500 to claim him myself. Drats.

Zenyatta

Moments Notiz won by daylight.

I think he is a future stakes winner.

Raven

Quote from: Zenyatta on November 21, 2013, 06:40:15 PM
Moments Notiz won by daylight.

I think he is a future stakes winner.

You said that you should had claimed him.  Did you thought about it at the time?

Print
User actions