Great Moments (and Horses) in Hollywood Park History

Started by Zenyatta, November 07, 2013, 08:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic in Chicago

Quote from: serenassong on December 03, 2013, 04:38:29 AM
Had a dream last night that Hollywood Park was saved, and I was there at the track. Such a nice dream, did not want to wake up. Now, if real life could imitate that, it would be awesome!

I vote for your dream!   :puppykisses:
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Vic in Chicago

One of the most heartwarming episodes in HP history occurred after Zenyatta's last race.  Of course she had been stabled there her entire career.  And after she came "home" for the final time from Churchill Downs, and was awaiting her trip to her second career, her connections opened up the barn area to visitors so her many fans could come - get up close and personal with the great mare - and say goodbye.  And come they did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0jQmGJ4hG8
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Vic in Chicago on December 03, 2013, 06:40:46 AM
One of the most heartwarming episodes in HP history occurred after Zenyatta's last race.  Of course she had been stabled there her entire career.  And after she came "home" for the final time from Churchill Downs, and was awaiting her trip to her second career, her connections opened up the barn area to visitors so her many fans could come - get up close and personal with the great mare - and say goodbye.  And come they did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0jQmGJ4hG8

Seeking and standing next to Zenyatta at one of the HP "meet and greets" was one of my top horse racing experiences.

Right up there with Giant Oak's Donn Handicap victory, the Oakster's appearance on the cover of Bloodhorse, and his ranking as the world's top race horse (for one week), of course!

Dave in TJ Mex

The HP goodbye tribute to Zenyatta was heartwarming as well.  I watched on TV.

When they led her off the track one final time on her way to the Kentucky breeding shed and played, "Thanks for the Memories," I teared up.

She certainly did leave us with lots of good memories!

Print
User actions