Main Menu

Songbird

Started by Zenyatta, July 17, 2016, 09:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

I'm shocked there is no topic on her!

Nevertheless, she worked this morning @ Dmr, 6F in 1:11 and change. Looks like she did it quite easily.

Next stop: Saratoga for the CCA Oaks, then the Alabama.

BaroqueAgain1

TVG showed her workout this morning and she looked fabulous...as usual.  ;)
  The hosts had some discussion about the choice for the Three-Year-Old Filly award at the end of the year if Catch a Glimpse and Songbird continue their dominance in their respective categories.
   I wasn't surprised that they were leaning toward the top dirt filly, although someone did point out that Carina Mia could be a danger to Songbird's unbeaten streak. I happen to favor CAG ATM, mainly because she's had more races and has also been facing what could be argued is stronger competition.
   We have loads of good fillies and mares this year, so trying to choose who's better is a nice problem to have.  ;D

stark

Knowing that Saratoga can be a tough place to ship into and the weather can take some getting used to, for the life of me I can't figure the reason for staying and working at DelMar then shipping in right on top of raceday with no opportunity to work over the track.

Seems like they are missing an opportunity to level the playing field and intentionally stacking the deck against themselves.

Flanders

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on July 17, 2016, 10:21:13 AM
  TVG showed her workout this morning and she looked fabulous...as usual.  ;)
  The hosts had some discussion about the choice for the Three-Year-Old Filly award at the end of the year if Catch a Glimpse and Songbird continue their dominance in their respective categories.
   I wasn't surprised that they were leaning toward the top dirt filly, although someone did point out that Carina Mia could be a danger to Songbird's unbeaten streak. I happen to favor CAG ATM, mainly because she's had more races and has also been facing what could be argued is stronger competition.
   We have loads of good fillies and mares this year, so trying to choose who's better is a nice problem to have.  ;D
An unbeaten dirt filly is always going to have the advantage of being Champion.  I think the only way for Catch A Glimpse to have a chance at a Championship is to go after Tepin and I doubt they want to do that.  I do agree with you that Catch A Glimpse should be considered the leader at this point, but I just don't think that is how voters chose.

Print
User actions