2 Year Olds of 2016

Started by Zenyatta, June 09, 2016, 09:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Karula, a first time starter by Colonel John out of a Woodman mare, obliterated a hapless field of 2 year old fillies in the Angie C. Stakes at Emerald Downs. She was 31-1!

I wonder what kind of offers they'll be entertaining after this performance. Winning margin was around 15 lengths.

curtis

Quote from: Zenyatta on July 17, 2016, 04:55:35 PM
Karula, a first time starter by Colonel John out of a Woodman mare, obliterated a hapless field of 2 year old fillies in the Angie G. at Emerald Downs. She was 31-1!!

I wonder what kind of offers they'll be entertaining after this performance. Winning margin was around 15 lengths.
Given what happened to The Chilli Man the race before, they should take it.

Zenyatta

Quote from: curtis on July 17, 2016, 04:59:39 PM
Given what happened to The Chilli Man the race before, they should take it.

I saw that he was pulled up, but know nothing more beyond that.

curtis

Quote from: Zenyatta on July 17, 2016, 05:15:54 PM
I saw that he was pulled up, but know nothing more beyond that.
It didn't look good but I'm hoping for the best. Kathy Ritvo was here ready to pay pretty good money for him. There were several offers off that maiden win.

Zenyatta

At Dmr, Chasing Aces, by Flatter out of Endless Sea by Mt Livermore, just broke the track record for 5f 56.21. Wow! The 2nd place finisher, Straight Fire, a Dominus colt, is a Jungle Racing baby, he looked pretty good in his first start. This will be a key race.

stark

Quote from: Zenyatta on July 17, 2016, 05:42:30 PM
At Dmr, Chasing Aces, by Flatter out of Endless Sea by Mt Livermore, just broke the track record for 5f 56.21. Wow! The 2nd place finisher, Straight Fire, a Dominus colt, is a Jungle Racing baby, he looked pretty good in his first start. This will be a key race.

Chasing Aces earned 101 Beyer track-record MSW win Sun DMR.

Zenyatta

Quote from: stark on July 18, 2016, 09:20:09 AM
Chasing Aces earned 101 Beyer track-record MSW win Sun DMR.

Wow! That was one VERY impressive maiden race.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Zenyatta on July 16, 2016, 09:05:07 PM
Gemologist finally got his first winner today at Del Mar. His filly Morganite looked impressive.

This will be smother year where the best 2 year old fillies come from the west coast,  the other one being the aforementioned Theonewewaitedfor.

Morganite earned a 74 BSF off this effort. The Sorrento and/or Debutante next.

Zenyatta

Quote from: Zenyatta on July 17, 2016, 04:55:35 PM
Karula, a first time starter by Colonel John out of a Woodman mare, obliterated a hapless field of 2 year old fillies in the Angie C. Stakes at Emerald Downs. She was 31-1!

Karula got a 79. Owners must be entertaining offers at this point.

curtis

An incredibly sad endnote to The Chilli Man story.
http://www.drf.com/news/emerald-downs-trainer-snowden-dies-apparent-suicide

Zenyatta

Quote from: curtis on July 19, 2016, 02:44:18 PM
An incredibly sad endnote to The Chilli Man story.
http://www.drf.com/news/emerald-downs-trainer-snowden-dies-apparent-suicide

So I read just now on Facebook. How awful. :(

Zenyatta

Quote from: Zenyatta on June 18, 2016, 12:31:36 PM
Look out for Sweet Loretta (Tapit). She could be this year's Songbird as far as BC aspirations. Broke her maiden in the 9th just now at Monmouth.

She took the Schuylerville today!

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/213533/sweet-loretta-powers-to-schuylerville-win

Flanders

Bitumen (Mineshaft - Kobla Cat, by Tale of the Cat) just took the Sanford S.(G3) at Saratoga.  He is a half-brother to SW/G3Sp Meshell.  His dam is a half-sister to Quality Road.

BaroqueAgain1

I loved the way he dropped his head and ran down the leaders. As he charged through the wire with that lowered head, he reminded me of the way his granddaddy ran.  :)

Zenyatta

I think it was Mike Joyce of TVG who said, after American Cleopatra's gallop out, "We in the wagering world are a bunch of morons."

I won't red board, but she sure looked good in the post parade. Debutante next? I hope so.

Print
User actions