Thoroughbred Racing Fans

Racing => Handicapping => Topic started by: Real Quiet on August 14, 2026, 08:46:12 AM

Title: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: Real Quiet on August 14, 2026, 08:46:12 AM
The ROI contest will be played at Saratoga on Saturday featuring the Christophe Clement. The wagers follow whatever is offered at the days track. The wager limit is $100 and can be split over as many as 4 races. You can wager all on one race or bet 2-3-4 races. You may place multiple wager in each race, like a pick 4, win bet and a superfecta and it counts as 1 race out of the limit of 4.  Please have your picks in by an early post time of 12:30 EDT.  Good luck to AEAgain on a repeat. Thanks to Ruff and Tigger too.
Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: RUFFIAN on August 14, 2026, 10:43:51 AM
                                  :forruffian:

Will my Silver Knight Be waiting
On the Far Side Of The Moon 🌖
Or has my poor decision to go
Was premature and too soon 😿

RACE 2
#9 = $20 WIN 🏆
SILVER KNIGHT


RACE  6
#4 = $20 WIN 🏆
RAGS TO ROSES 🌹


RACE  8
#4 = $30  WIN 🏆
FAR SIDE OF THE MOON 🌖


RACE 11
#6 =  $30 WIN 🏆
TAKAHAMA


          COLOSSAL CATNIP QUICHE FOR THE QUIET 1  ❣️
 


 🐯  MAY THE PURRRRR BE WITH YOU  😻

RUFFIAN   WEBSITE   
www.RUFFIAN333.com
   
   🐎  Horses   🏇
                    😻  Cats  😸
                                 🐶   Dogs  🐕
                                             📖  Poetry 🖊
                                                        🎶  Lyrics 🎵
                     
                                     
                                           
                                                     
Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: Real Quiet on August 14, 2026, 11:27:51 AM
Race 1  $11 ex key  6 w 1-5-7

Race 10  $11 ex key  7 w 5-6-8

Race 11  $11 ex key  2 w 1-4-7

Race 8  $1 Grand Slam  2-4-7-2
Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: Digger on August 15, 2026, 04:29:59 AM
R9) Ole Crazy Bone 3 ( WIN $100 )
Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: Allydar on August 15, 2026, 05:27:02 AM
Taking it as a good sign that I landed on Ruffian's Takahama and Digger's Ole Crazy Bone. 

Race 3) $15 Win #9 Sweet Redemption

Race 5) $50 Win #8 Considerate City

Race 9) $20 Win #3 Ole Crazy Bone

Race 11) $15 Win #6 Takahama

Good luck all!!

Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: IndianHemp on August 15, 2026, 08:08:08 AM
race one

50c P5 $81

5-7/4,7/4,5,7/2,5,6/1,2,5

race nine

$19 DD

1 / 7

thanks RQ & good luck all
Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: RUFFIAN on August 15, 2026, 08:52:52 AM
                          :forruffian:



          :rhrse:    CRUZAN ##  PER EMAIL   :rhrse:

       
R2. 6 SCRAMJET $25 WIN

R6. 4 RAGS TO ROSES $25 WIN

R8. 5 KATZ IN THE CRADLE $25 WIN

10. 3 OSCAR'S ENCORE $25 WIN
Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: AEAgain on August 15, 2026, 09:03:50 AM
Race 2)   $20 W   #2  Equilibrate           $20


Race 9)   $22 W   #1 Ancient Egypt          $22

          $3 Ex Box  1 - 7 - 4              $18

Race 10   $20 P    #7 Triskelion            $20

Race 11)  $20 W    #5 McDiesel              $20


Good Luck!!  Thanks, Quiet one.
Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: NJ Stinks on August 15, 2026, 09:19:46 AM
Looking at Military Time to make a big run in the King's Plate but I see it's Saratoga today in the Contest.  So I'll make one play in the first race in NY:

Race 1 - $50 to win and place on #5 (Antietam) because Antietam is just up the road from Charles Town and I enjoy a bit of trivia pursuits!  :)
Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: Cal828 on August 15, 2026, 09:37:27 AM
Don't see my post and I miscalculated my last bet by $2 so I am doing the whole thing over.

R8 $1 Double All//All=$40

R9 $1 P3 All//5,6,8//2,4,7=$45

R10 $6 Tri 6//5,8//5,8=$12
    $1 Tri 5,8//6//5,8=$2

Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: Real Quiet on August 15, 2026, 09:44:33 AM
Quote from: NJ Stinks on August 15, 2026, 09:19:46 AMLooking at Military Time to make a big run in the King's Plate but I see it's Saratoga today in the Contest.  So I'll make one play in the first race in NY:

Race 1 - $50 to win and place on #5 (Antietam) because Antietam is just up the road from Charles Town and I enjoy a bit of trivia pursuits!  :)

Since I have Luster in my fantasy stable and her being a grey/roan that's where my Kings Plate heart will be at.  I used to make a trip to Charles Town every year in past days and I would always spend a few hours driving around the civil war battlegrounds and soak up some history.
Title: Re: ROI Contest Saturday 8/15 at Saratoga
Post by: Cal828 on August 15, 2026, 01:01:29 PM
Wow. Looks like I'm going to have to go to the America's Best Racing calculator to figure out the cost of my bets. I managed to screw up my bets for races 8 and 9 and exceeded the betting limit for both races. Unless there is a late scratch my wagers for those two races are doomed.