What will happen to Native Diver?

Started by Zenyatta, December 07, 2013, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tin Man

What about poor Gay Dalton?

Guess vulture/scumbag Liebau doesn't give a damn about him ... parking lot bound?

Raven

Do they know where Gay Dalton is buried?
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

The Tin Man

Quote from: Raven on December 12, 2013, 08:44:10 PM
Do they know where Gay Dalton is buried?

I know he's buried there ... Whether they know exactly where they planted him? Who knows?

One would think there should be some kind of record of it somewhere.

serenassong

Quote from: The Tin Man on December 12, 2013, 02:36:33 PM
What about poor Gay Dalton?

Guess vulture/scumbag Liebau doesn't give a damn about him ... parking lot bound?

Oh, yeah, he needs to be found as well, this whole situation is such a damn shame...
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Bookman

I have searched high and low for info on exactly where Gay Dalton was buried with no luck.

I did however, find a newspaper article about him with a head shot that some may find interesting.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=kWYyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=yrYFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3898%2C1308872

Raven

Thanks for the link to the article!

call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Zenyatta

Glad Native Diver is going to Del Mar. He's in that pantheon of wildly popular California horses, right up there with Seabiscuit and Zenyatta, and deserves to have his monument remain where fans can visit him.

When I was a little girl,  I read all the Bob Farley books and Native Diver was my "black stallion."

Of course,  at that age I didn't know the difference between a stallion and a gelding.  ;)

Dave in TJ Mex

Quote from: Zenyatta on December 15, 2013, 04:02:28 PM
Glad Native Diver is going to Del Mar. He's in that pantheon of wildly popular California horses, right up there with Seabiscuit and Zenyatta, and deserves to have his monument remain where fans can visit him.

When I was a little girl,  I read all the Bob Farley books and Native Diver was my "black stallion."

Of course,  at that age I didn't know the difference between a stallion and a gelding.  ;)

What about now?   :lmao:

Zenyatta

Quote from: Dave in TJ Mex on December 15, 2013, 08:31:14 PM
What about now?   :lmao:

I would have a great comeback for that but I don't want to offend anyone,  especially you!  :tongue:

Vic in Chicago

CBS News did a short piece tonight on the transfer of the remains of Native Diver from HP to Del Mar. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/remains-of-historic-racehorse-found-beneath-closed-track/
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

Print
User actions