2016 3YO Fillies

Started by stark, May 29, 2016, 10:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

This might be the most interesting category of them all as year rolls along.

Is Songbird still on top of the list despite staying in her stall with a "slight fever"?

Is Cathryn Sophia right there after her Kentucky Oaks performance?

What about Carina Mia off her 8 Belles victory?

And Rachel's Valentina will have legions of fans in either the Acorn or Mother Goose @ Belmont.

Me?......I'm going with a longshot, the late bloomer ENOLA GRAY to be as good as any of them at year-end via Del Mar.

What say you?

ElPrado

I'm watching her, too.

stark

Unbeaten champ Songbird worked six furlongs in 1:13 this morning at Santa Anita as she gets ever closer to returning to action.

Zenyatta

Enola Gray won the Melair last weekend - very fitting, since she reminds me of her.

Dusty

I am hoping Songbird comes back STRONG - but Enola gray is very impressive too
May they run with the wind

Zenyatta

Quote from: Dusty on June 06, 2016, 08:52:32 PM
I am hoping Songbird comes back STRONG - but Enola gray is very impressive too

Enola Gray, while a late bloomer, could be catching up to Songbird. I do hope Songbird returns soon and at 110%.

Man o Taz

I think Songbird is still on top. Her race record is superior right now, but another win by Cathryn Sophia in the Acorn could mean she is passed.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

stark

June 18th @ Santa Anita

Songbird good to go for Summertime Oaks next Saturday after 7f work, per Hollendorfer

stark

On the day that Songbird returns to the races, her trainer, Jerry Hollendorfer, celebrates his 70th birthday, enjoy!

Any time any horse returns from an "illness" there's cause for concern that she might be beatable today.  Of even more concern to me is that 3 of the 6 entries are all from the same D'Amato barn.  Well, scratch that, I see he's down to just two entries now out of five, probably no need for any conspiracy theories today.

1   That's a Lady (KY)      3/F   L   S Gonzalez   120   J W Sadler   20/1   N/A
2   Bellamentary (KY)      3/F   L   M Garcia   120   P D'Amato   6/1   N/A
SCR   Not Now Carolyn (KY)      -------------------------------------Scratched-------------------------------------      N/A
3   Songbird (KY)      3/F   L   M E Smith   124   J Hollendorfer   1/5   N/A
SCR   Coppa (FL)      -------------------------------------Scratched-------------------------------------   5/1   N/A
5   Kay Kay (KY)      3/F   L   A Quinonez   120   V Cerin   30/1   N/A
6   Sutton's Smile (KY)      3/F   L   F Prat   120   P D'Amato   20/1   N/A

stark

Superstar filly Songbird, preparing for a tour back East that will include the Grade I Alabama Stakes at Saratoga on Aug. 20, worked four furlongs under regular rider Mike Smith early Sunday morning in 49.20 for Jerry Hollendorfer, who won six races Saturday, three at Santa Anita and three at the Oak Tree at Pleasanton session.

"It was just a real nice work," said the Hall of Fame trainer who has sent out more than 7,100 winners. "She went off slow and finished up good. We were all happy afterwards."

stark

Friday Del Mar
RACE 7 - Fleet Treat S.

Purse $150,000.

Seven Furlongs.
1   Roo's Valentine (CA)      3/F   L   M A Pedroza   118   K Mulhall   12/1
2   Allsquare (CA)      3/F   L   J Talamo   118   P D'Amato   6/1
3   The Spiral Jetter (CA)      3/F   L   S Gonzalez   118   A Mathis   20/1
4   Be a Lady (KY)      3/F   L   G L Stevens   118   M Pender   20/1
5   Run for Retts (CA)      3/F   L   F Prat   120   S Miyadi   6/1
6   Fantasy of Luck (CA)      3/F   L   R Bejarano   120   B Baffert   3/1
7   Enola Gray (CA)      3/F   L   T Baze   120   P D'Amato   4/5

Dusty

OOOHHHH and they are late races so I CAN ACTUALLY watch = hoping Enola brings it

Dusty

Quote from: Dusty on July 21, 2016, 10:44:37 PM
OOOHHHH and they are late races so I CAN ACTUALLY watch = hoping Enola brings it

AND she did - going to watch this again - she could be special - WOW

Zenyatta

I am probably repeating myself but I sure do want to see a Songbird vs Enola Grey matchup.

stark

Enola Gray = 101 Beyer romp Fleet Treat on Fri DMR, 7f in 121.24. Phil D'Amato trains, Tyler Baze up, 3-for-3 and ready for graded stakes.

Print
User actions