Is TBC Down Again?

Started by Man o Taz, May 26, 2016, 08:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CA_Chrome

I just want to say thank you for this site. I don't plan to leave even with TBC back up. I never did find TBC a particularly friendly site, but went there daily only for news and info.  :thanks: :oie_30232359NUVsTmH4:

ElPrado

It's a perfect world. I can go there for bad moods, here for good moods.  :thanks:

Zenyatta

Quote from: ElPrado on June 18, 2016, 03:49:59 AM
It's a perfect world. I can go there for bad moods, here for good moods.  :thanks:

You can come here if the other place causes a bad mood ;) - or at any time, for that matter.

Delamont

Looks a bit different!  Happy to be back.  :)
Somebody bet on the gray!

lurkey mclurker

Whoa I hit "reply" and all these smiley options popped up above the text box...  spoiled for choice!   :puppykisses:

I just wanted to say  :thanks:  for letting me join here and to sweettalk for linking it over at TBC when it came back up.  I was going through serious withdrawal without somewhere to read about TBs!   :tongue:

:::settles in to lurk here too:::

Zenyatta

I really really appreciate those who've come here, but we need more members to start topics and to post. We need involvement. 1 post in the racing forum today other than this one. Very discouraging.  :(

And I've truly appreciated those who've kept the board goung in my absence.

Sigh.

CA_Chrome

I actually prefer this forum to TBC. Unfortunately, I don't have much free time to post. Long work days and family obligations when I get home from work don't leave much spare time. But I do appreciate this site.

BaroqueAgain1

"...I never did find TBC a particularly friendly site..."

Really? I know that there are posters there who can be acerbic, even sarcastic but, IMHO, the tenor of the TBC forum never sinks to what I've experienced on a couple of (not-to-be-named) other forums.
   If you think TBC is 'unfriendly,' you haven't had to deal with real trolls.  ;)

Dusty

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on June 21, 2016, 08:19:56 PM

Really? I know that there are posters there who can be acerbic, even sarcastic but, IMHO, the tenor of the TBC forum never sinks to what I've experienced on a couple of (not-to-be-named) other forums.
   If you think TBC is 'unfriendly,' you haven't had to deal with real trolls.  ;)

I agree - challenging at times would be my take
May they run with the wind

CA_Chrome

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on June 21, 2016, 08:19:56 PM

Really? I know that there are posters there who can be acerbic, even sarcastic...

Everyone has their own perspective. From mine, there are people who dominate TBC and are downright nasty for no reason whatsoever. They seem to go out of their way to mock and belittle people who don't quite turn a phrase the way they, from their oh-so-superior attitudes, demand a phrase be turned. I have found that forum to be cliquish, unfriendly, unwelcoming to new people and disappointing...and that's putting it mildly.

peeptoad

Quote from: CA_Chrome on June 22, 2016, 03:20:31 AM
Everyone has their own perspective. From mine, there are people who dominate TBC and are downright nasty for no reason whatsoever. They seem to go out of their way to mock and belittle people who don't quite turn a phrase the way they, from their oh-so-superior attitudes, demand a phrase be turned. I have found that forum to be cliquish, unfriendly, unwelcoming to new people and disappointing...and that's putting it mildly.

I disagree to a point, but I do get what you are saying. For me most of my "unpleasant experiences" at TBC have stemmed from people misinterpreting what I write and then that person responds in a knee-jerk fashion based on their erroneous interpretation. It happens in reality off message boards too, so really should be no big deal. I also blame myself partly for that because I may not be consistently clear when posting.
Other than that I agree with Dusty and Baroque: the "bad" on that site is not really all that bad, mainly it can just be challenging to get a point across sometimes. The film board I post on is much worse on a far more consistent basis. And, really, we're talking about an internet forum here. This is not the end all be all in this life (I hope).

My general rule of thumb: if a person consistently is finding problems interacting with others on the boards (or in reality) they, themselves, should take a long look at how they're presenting themselves. It goes both ways.

And BTW, CA Chrome so you don't misinterpret me here: I am not telling you to change your ways or take a look at yourself. I am speaking in generalizations.

Delamont

Quote from: CA_Chrome on June 22, 2016, 03:20:31 AM

I can see that. 
Somebody bet on the gray!

Catalina

Quote from: serenassong on June 10, 2016, 12:19:30 PM
All us cool kids are here :celebrate:

Exactly!  Couldn't help grinning when reading Stark's message. 

Man o Taz

I just do not understand why people feel the need on TBC to personalize things.

I try and talk about the issues and never get personal.

I may be wrong 100% of the time. Fine. But why the need to demonize posters and personally attack them? I do not get it. Are we in high school again? LOL

For the most part, I find the people on TBC to be welcoming, educated and cordial. But there are a few that just seem to want to engage in cyberbullying which to me makes little sense when trying to share perspectives on this wonderful sport which we all love. What is the point? To be the smartest person in the room? Who cares.

I just want to learn and share ideas.

Enough of my rant.  :tongue:
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Dusty

ME TOO MOT - I am always learning - I try to listen and learn - discuss and respect -
May they run with the wind

Print
User actions