Is TBC Down Again?

Started by Man o Taz, May 26, 2016, 08:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CA_Chrome

If TBC hasn't come back up by now, it seems doubtful it ever will. Just a relatively brief time ago, the owner/admin wanted to sell the site or at least turn it over to someone else to manage. So whatever happened to cause it to go down now, what's the likelihood that the owner/admin will want to bother bringing it back up? Unfortunate, though.  :(

Zenyatta

I only miss 1 person and that's Seattle Jew.  :)

Dusty

I MISS Tachyon.... LOTS!
May they run with the wind

peeptoad

Quote from: Zenyatta on June 13, 2016, 06:02:51 PM
I only miss 1 person and that's Seattle Jew.  :)
Oddly enough the Baze thread just reminded me of him... last I spoke with him he was in Boston, or somewhere in MA and hated it, but that was like 8 years ago. Maybe he got married and moved on in life.

Zenyatta

Quote from: peeptoad on June 14, 2016, 02:58:52 AM
Oddly enough the Baze thread just reminded me of him... last I spoke with him he was in Boston, or somewhere in MA and hated it, but that was like 8 years ago. Maybe he got married and moved on in life.

Funny you should say that because he was getting hitched this month I believe.

The Baze thread made me think of him too.

Point Given

Migrated over here from TBC - the poster formerly known as Della!  Glad to see a lot of familiar....faces.

Man o Taz

I miss The Tin Man, among others. 

Quote from: Point Given on June 14, 2016, 11:00:03 AM
Migrated over here from TBC - the poster formerly known as Della!  Glad to see a lot of familiar....faces.

And glad to welcome you. :-)
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

sweettalk

Quote from: CA_Chrome on June 13, 2016, 03:40:05 PM
If TBC hasn't come back up by now, it seems doubtful it ever will. Just a relatively brief time ago, the owner/admin wanted to sell the site or at least turn it over to someone else to manage. So whatever happened to cause it to go down now, what's the likelihood that the owner/admin will want to bother bringing it back up? Unfortunate, though.  :(
she handed it over to kurenai, but not completely. kurenai said there was still some info she wasn't given, some pretty vital stuff that would have brought the site back up from what i could tell.

canvasjockey

I'm here, I hope everyone works their way over here... I like getting a feel for the whole range of  opinions on racing, it's helped me see racing from a broader perspective!

serenassong

Quote from: sweettalk on June 14, 2016, 12:28:07 PM
she handed it over to kurenai, but not completely. kurenai said there was still some info she wasn't given, some pretty vital stuff that would have brought the site back up from what i could tell.
Was just talking to her via the TBC FB page. Told her the error code, and she is indeed missing info to get it back up apparently .
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

WarBiscuit

Appears to be back up and running as of 4:00 pm today.

serenassong

Quote from: WarBiscuit on June 15, 2016, 01:14:16 PM
Appears to be back up and running as of 4:00 pm today.

Yes, but Im still posting over here more than in the past. Will do more normal results and silly stuff between the two- but this is a kinder, gentler site for sure.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

CA_Chrome

I plan to continue posting here and visiting TBC mostly for news and info.

peeptoad

I'll post in  both places like to I did after the last time TBC went down... the pick of the day thread is the bomb, yo.  8)

honneerider

Checked TBC every day. Happened to be up and running now....and I saw the link here and totally forgot I was a member.
Good to be back and see all the familiar names!

Print
User actions