Is TBC Down Again?

Started by Man o Taz, May 26, 2016, 08:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweettalk

*rolls over, bored*

Dusty

FYI - they are working on getting it up - an admin glitch - not hackers= but wow do we have spammers trying to get in here too
May they run with the wind

Dusty

I AM reviewing member request OFTEN - PLEASE apply you GUESTS and if I can verify you are real - I will get you on!
May they run with the wind

Zenyatta

Quote from: Kennedy on June 02, 2016, 08:16:37 AM
Settling in here as well :)

I don't have as much time to post as I did in years past but I really like the ability to have a casual chat and see what fellow fans are thinking.

Kennedy, I always enjoyed reading your insights, even when I didn't agree. It's a pleasure seeing you here.i would like to get a handicapper/blogger with good writing skills to help do something with the home page. If you or anyone else here is game please PM me.

serenassong

Wow- TBC is still down- does anyone remember what the longest time is to be down? Im glad that this board was started  :thumbsup:
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Zenyatta

Quote from: serenassong on June 08, 2016, 05:21:15 PM
Wow- TBC is still down- does anyone remember what the longest time is to be down? Im glad that this board was started  :thumbsup:

Thanks and this board will be upgraded tonight with some extra security to filter out more spammers. It's difficult windowing the real registrations from the fakes right now.

CA_Chrome

Hi everyone. I wonder if TBC is ever coming back up. But I'm happy to finally join this forum. Went by Ridan_Remembered on the other site.

Man o Taz

Welcome and glad to read you. This is the kinder and gentler horse racing forum.  ;D
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

serenassong

All us cool kids are here :celebrate:
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

wooley85

Quote from: Zenyatta on June 08, 2016, 09:27:54 PM
Thanks and this board will be upgraded tonight with some extra security to filter out more spammers. It's difficult windowing the real registrations from the fakes right now.

ditto!

I joined TBC in 1997/98. Got locked out sometime during the crash of 2013.  Got back in in early 2014 for a few months...then gone until now. Could never register.  Used 4 different emails I had just got i e when the new admin took over...then bang...TBC gone again.  So glad have this forum.

I must say...I am disappointed in victoria.  I can understand losing interest and not having the impetus to mansge the site...but to let it just decay for over a year(s)  Why not raise the issuse of TBC continuing 2 years ago when the site was functioning oK :headshake: Clearly Victoria had no concern for TBC posters...gone.  Ignored.  No notice. Poof!

Man o Taz

Victoria has done a wonderful job with TBC and Kurenai taking over has done the best possible.

Managing a free site is not easy to do.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

BaroqueAgain1

I'll ditto that, 'Taz.
Is there still hope that TBC will be back?

stark

Sorry, but who really cares about TBC anymore?
It's time to look forward not backward!

The format is right here @ TRC for all to enjoy, we just need some more participation!

9 Guests, 4 Users (1 Hidden)
Users active in past 15 minutes:
afleetphil, BaroqueAgain1, TouchOfGrey
Most Online Today: 21

21 users on-line at the same time today, just imagine if they all posted a little diddy or two, controversial or thought provoking, whatever floats your boat, but lurking in the shadows ain't gonna cut it if this is going to be the TBC replacement!

Are there those that still miss Lil Andy....here's today's contribution...Andy Serling ‏@andyserling  5h5 hours ago
If someone set an Over/Under on when we see our next Triple Crown winner at 8 1/2 years, I would gladly make a substantial UNDER bet.

Or maybe it's Som's laments with life in general and how miserable she is at a job she hates yet finds the time read books and play on the internet on her bosses dime?

Or is it Dustino's twisted logic that you miss?

C'mon folks, why not make this place number one for your horsey pleasures whatever they may be!

p.s.  what other horse forums do you visit and contribute to? just curious.

BaroqueAgain1

Call me crazy, but I miss all of them.  ;)
I appreciate all the posters who provide info on foreign racing, and updates on American horses who have gone overseas. I love Tachyon's contributions, and I wonder what she/he thought about Lani's nice third in the Belmont.
If TBC stays down, I hope all the TBC members can make their way here.
Re: Other forums...I belong to several, but have been mainly posting here:
http://prettyhorses.yuku.com/

peeptoad

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on June 13, 2016, 12:46:33 PM
Call me crazy, but I miss all of them. 
Me too.

Print
User actions