Breeders Cup Recap Notes

Started by stark, November 06, 2016, 08:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curtis

Quote from: Dusty on November 06, 2016, 05:29:17 PM
He is NOT a better horse than Chrome - he was on Saturday but time will tell - AND YES Chrome should be Horse of the YEAR!
Chrome is a future Hall of Famer, I have zero problem with him being named Horse of the Year for 2016 and he deserves as much respect as anyone who watches the sport can muster.  When I read things like this, however, I envision the Poster in front of their keyboard with their hands over their ears shaking their head vigorously crying out lalalalalalalalalalala!  Your entitled, but your definition of better may be different than mine.  Chrome ran his race and Arrogate was better.  This wasn't Arcanques or Valponi we're talking about, we're talking about a horse who ran almost the same exact superior race twice in a row and who, if he stays together, can be the most special horse we've seen in many, many a year.  Right now he's Candy Ride--who I'd take over Chrome every day of the week and twice on Sunday--let's hope we see that big, long stride and that high cruising speed many times next year.