Main Menu

TV Coverage

Started by stark, November 01, 2016, 09:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

NBC and NBCsports will broadcast all of the Breeders Cup races.

But....

All the olde nastiness is cropping up and TVG will not be allowed to broadcast them, that's expected, but they won't be allowed to show the other races on the SA card either!!!

Story at Paulick, 11th hour negotiations hold some hope for sanity.

peeptoad

Well, if this holds true I won't be watching any of the Fri races since I don't have cable (or any TV for that matter).

Can't stream NBCSports without a cable subscription that includes the channel (which is ridiculous- if I had cable I wouldn't need to stream online, duh).
Thankfully I'll be at someone else's home for the Sat races and they do have NBCSports...

Dusty

Quote from: stark on November 01, 2016, 09:50:46 AM
NBC and NBCsports will broadcast all of the Breeders Cup races.

But....

All the olde nastiness is cropping up and TVG will not be allowed to broadcast them, that's expected, but they won't be allowed to show the other races on the SA card either!!!

Story at Paulick, 11th hour negotiations hold some hope for sanity.

This ABSURD = The Breeders Cup makes a deal with the devils ??? I cannot tell you how very very ANGRY I am - I am very interested in some of the non BC races and now I will not be able to watch them? OH and HELL will freeze over before I sign up with TwinSpires... INSANITY - This sport just continues to shoot itself... :flaming:
May they run with the wind

stark

Well, it does sound like TVG has been granted approval to show the SA undercard races live on their channel Fri/Sat.

BC races will only be on NBC and/or NBCsports.

Dusty

Quote from: stark on November 02, 2016, 02:15:17 PM
Well, it does sound like TVG has been granted approval to show the SA undercard races live on their channel Fri/Sat.

BC races will only be on NBC and/or NBCsports.

STILL SUCKS - no coverage of the paddock walking ring etc - BC should be ASHAMED

stark

Quote from: Dusty on November 02, 2016, 06:53:14 PM
STILL SUCKS - no coverage of the paddock walking ring etc - BC should be ASHAMED

Strictly a guess on my part, but something in my remembery says you will get it all right up to the point they load into the gate, then TVG will say it's against the rules and they have to cut away.

Dusty

Quote from: stark on November 02, 2016, 06:55:32 PM
Strictly a guess on my part, but something in my remembery says you will get it all right up to the point they load into the gate, then TVG will say it's against the rules and they have to cut away.

I do not think they are allowing TVG to broadcast from SA at all - hope I am wrong...

Print
User actions