Breeders Cup DIRT MILE

Started by stark, September 21, 2016, 05:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

Odds by Brad Free, comments by Mary Rampellini

Frosted   Kiaran McLaughlin   105-107-123   8-5   BC Classic or BC Dirt Mile, Santa Anita   
McLaughlin said Frosted, who has secured berths in the Classic and Dirt Mile, will train up to BC with race TBD

Runhappy   Laura Wohlers   102-108-104   2-1   G3 Ack Ack, Oct. 1, Churchill   
Winner of last year's BC Sprint shows series of published works in Kentucky in preparation for 4-year-old debut in Ack Ack

Bradester   Eddie Kenneally   72-100-101   8-1   Lukas Classic, Oct. 1, Churchill   
Kenneally said Bradester also under consideration for BC Classic; secured berth for Classic with win in Stephen Foster

Upstart   Rick Violette   103-97-98   10-1   G2 Kelso, Oct. 8, Belmont   
Coming off third-place finish in Whitney, Violette said horse would target Kelso and is candidate for BC Dirt Mile

Gun Runner   Steve Asmussen   102-92-99   12-1   G2 Pennsylvania Derby, Saturday, Parx   
Winchell Thoroughbreds, which co-owns Gun Runner, and Asmussen teamed to win BC Dirt Mile in 2012 with Tapizar

Anchor Down   Todd Pletcher   93-98-105   15-1   G2 Kelso, Oct. 8, Belmont   
Pletcher, who won last year's BC Dirt Mile with Liam's Map, said Anchor Down's status TBD after Kelso

TamarkuzKiaran McLaughlin   102-79-99   20-1   G2 Kelso, Oct. 8, Belmont   
McLaughlin said Tamarkruz could develop into candidate for BC Dirt Mile depending on performance in Kelso

Texas Chrome   J.R. Caldwell   96-95-89   20-1   G3 Oklahoma Derby, Sunday, Remington   
A six-time stakes winner who has run well against Gun Runner and American Freedom could be considered for BC Dirt Mile, per Caldwell

Gun Pit   Caspar Fownes   NA   30-1   BC Dirt Mile, Nov. 4, Santa Anita   
Multiple stakes winner in Hong Kong to train up to BC Dirt Mile, per release from the Hong Kong Jockey Club

Firing Line   Simon Callaghan   82-34-104   30-1   BC Dirt Mile, Nov. 4, Santa Anita   
Callaghan said Firing Line, who last raced in July, still being considered for BC Dirt Mile, but training schedule will have to go "perfectly"

peeptoad

I believe Texas Chrome is now confirmed...

peeptoad

And Bradester goes in the Lukas Classic at CD Saturday.  He'll likely  face Noble Bird, among others...

Under normal circumstances I would say Runhappy is a huge bet against in the Ack Ack, but they are having trouble even filling the race. Only 2 other possible entrants as of yesterday.

peeptoad

Well, they got a couple more to oppose Runhappy (plus the fields for the other CD races):

ACK ACK (race 9, post 4:49 ET)

1. Iron Fist
2. The Truth or Else
3. Tom's Ready
4. Mr. Z
5. Runhappy
6. Schivarelli

LUKAS CLASSIC (race 10, post 5:20 ET)

1. Natchez
2. Honorable Duty
3. Breaking Lucky
4. Hawaakom
5. Rocket Time
6. Noble Bird
7. Bradester
8. Fear the Cowboy
9. Bullards Alley

JEFFERSON CUP (race 7, post 3:47 ET)

1. Torontes
2. Seeking the Soul
3. Surgical Strike
4. One Mean Man
5. Bondurant
6. Barahona
7. Madtap
8. Zapperini
9. Conquest Daddyo
10. Keystoneforvictory

Senator L

I don't understand why they're running Run Happy in the mile. Wouldn't you
want to see how far he'll stretch out before a BC race?

curtis

Quote from: Senator L on September 28, 2016, 02:02:18 PM
Isn't the Ack Ack a mile?  I think Mattress Mac and his Merry Band of Monkeys are loony tunes, but a one-turn mile progressing to a two-turn mile isn't the worst progression I've seen.  It would have been great if he could have went 7f first, had he been ready for the Forego, but it is what it is.

Senator L

Thanks, for some reason I thought it was 7F
He sure does have a lot of talent. Horses like him
make me ponder the importance of the trainer

stark

Well, RUNHAPPY hurts the bridgejumpers finishing off the board at 1/5 in his prep race.

1st:   Tom's Ready   $11.80   $5.20   $6.40
2nd:   Iron Fist      ................$6.40   $12.40
3rd:   Schivarelli   ..........   ................   $18.00
4th:   Runhappy

stark

Stevens has mount on Runhappy in Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile

Dusty

Quote from: Senator L on September 28, 2016, 02:02:18 PM

EXACTLY - WHY???
May they run with the wind

stark

Quote from: Dusty on October 03, 2016, 11:12:12 PM
EXACTLY - WHY???

Don't the Runhappy connections have an eye on the Stronach Pegasus @ 1-1/8th in January?
Seems only logical they try and be successful at a mile first, no?

Man o Taz

Yes they do. And he is probably headed there no matter what happens in the BC.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

stark

ARCADIA, Calif. – Firing Line, second in the 2015 Kentucky Derby, will miss the $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile at Santa Anita on Nov. 4 after falling behind in recent training.

curtis

Quote from: stark on October 09, 2016, 08:04:27 AM
ARCADIA, Calif. – Firing Line, second in the 2015 Kentucky Derby, will miss the $1 million Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile at Santa Anita on Nov. 4 after falling behind in recent training.
Isn't it time to see what kind of stallion offers are awaiting in New Mexico?

stark

Ron Ellis reports that TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Sprint favorite Masochistic is "right on schedule" for the $1.5 million race at six furlongs on Nov. 5. "Everything's perfect," the trainer said. "He worked (one) 12 and three the other day and he'll work again on Thursday." Ellis put to bed earlier reports, saying Masochistic is not a candidate for the Dirt Mile

Print
User actions