Man o Taz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxYa2IisQHI

Don't Tell Sophia
Ria Antonia
Molly Morgan
Close Hatches
Got Lucky
Shuruq

Well, this race was a big surprise for me.

It seemed that Close Hatches was fit and ready for this race. She did not appear to miss any works.

I wonder if she would have been better suited for the G1 Beldame a week earlier at Belmont Park. This would have offered her an additional week to prepare for the Breeders Cup Distaff, at a track she had won multiple G1 races over. Well, hindsight is always 20/20.

She had everything going her way to this point - and trying out the new surface at Keeneland appears to have been a bridge too far at this juncture.

Hopefully, this will not diminish her chances in the BC Distaff and she comes out of this race 100% healthy to have a rematch with Beholder.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

That said, the winner deserves a ton of credit.

Don't Tell Sophia is having quite a year - with this being her 4th or 5th win in a row...and now if she comes out well it seems that she will be pointed to the BC Distaff.

I think the older mare division is coming up quite competitive.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.