Game On Dude retired

Started by curtis, September 18, 2014, 04:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

Happy Retirement Dude...
He was definitely one of the best geldings in recent memory, and probably one of the best all-time (once hind sight hits in a few decades). Glad they are calling it quits instead of dropping him down to lower level. Be interesting to see where he winds up.

Man o Taz

The Kentucky Horse Park is getting pretty full.

They need to do an Old Friends - Santa Anita/Big Sur...

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

The Tin Man

This guy is just a big puppy dog ... so sweet and loving ... If fact, one of the kindest souls I've ever met ...

I'm very happy for him to make it out sound ... I hope wherever he ends up, he's very loved and appreciated and lives a long, long happy life!

The greedy part of me wants him to become a track pony ... he certainly has the temperment (when he's not racing) ... but I'm guessing that would be too awesome to actually happen.

serenassong

Happy retirement to The Dude- you deserve it, buddy.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Man o Taz

SS  and TTM - here, here.

I was fortunate to see him race in person once - in the 2010 Belmont Stakes where he finished 4th behind Drosselmeyer. The irony is that he finished 2nd to Drosselmeyer in the peanut butter BC Classic of 2011. Despite contesting the BC Classic three times - twice in California - his best finish was at Churchill Downs.

I am sorry he didn't run in the Awesome Again last year. If he had bested Mucho Macho Man in that race he would have likely received the champion older/main track horse Eclipse which I thought he deserved for 2013 and 2012 over Wise Dan. Taking nothing away from Dan who deserved Horse of the Year both years, Game On Dude proved his ability to best top East coast horses in his best years.

I think we all hope his owners will do right by him. He is certainly deserving of it.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

Glad to read he's headed to Old Friends.

http://www.drf.com/news/game-dude-reside-old-friends

Sorry we'll have to wait until next year to see him since we were just there.

They all looked great - even little Silver Charm.

I also was thinking that the Kentucky Horse Park would have been another good place for him, but they seem pretty full right now with all the horses they have.

Print
User actions