2016 Breeders Cup Classic

Started by Man o Taz, September 20, 2016, 08:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

For me, the Classic turns out to be an unbettable race, one that I'd just as soon pass on because of a lack of confidence stepping up to the windows, thats one thing I've learned, you really need to like your wagers in this day and age because of the sheer number of opportunities out there.  It's not like the old days when we only had 9 races on any given day, and a few exotics sprinkled in. 

Therefore, the only logical thing for me is try and be alive in a P3 or P4 to my best bet and that has to be ARROGATE.  I'd rather spread out in the races leading up to the Classic and then take my stand there. 

I'm pretty confident that as good as Chrome is we've already seen his best, and no doubt its very good.  But for all the people who say bouncer, faker, one-hit wonder, there's still a pretty good possibility ARROGATE has not run his lifetime top yet, why not now?  Even if everybody re-runs their their last race, ARROGATE wins from a "numbers" perspective, so I'm looking for some upside potential, the glass is half full for this optimist.

Before the Travers Baffert was quoted as saying "the fastest horse in the country" and honestly over the years BB doesn't go overboard on his quotes like a Stevens, Lukas, et al.  Trust in Baffert and go wait in the cashiers line, and for an extra few bucks you can box up the Baffert two in an exacta then go have a party after Hoppy passes tiring horses down the lane.

stark

Shaman Ghost has been scratched from the BC Classic. Confirmed by SA racing secretary Rick Hammerle. Nine remain in field

Raven

I'm going with Effinex today
with CC,Frosted and Arrogate second and third
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

honneerider

Please tell me why Victor was looking under his arm to the inside and never asked Chrome fr more? He thought he was unbeatable.

afleetphil

Arrogate wow. Look at the time 2:00.1. And after his Travers 1:59 and change. What are we looking at here. I never heard of the horse before the Travers.

Dusty

Quote from: afleetphil on November 05, 2016, 06:10:23 PM
Arrogate wow. Look at the time 2:00.1. And after his Travers 1:59 and change. What are we looking at here. I never heard of the horse before the Travers.

They gave the big guy time to grow into himself - smart move - he could be very very good - HE IS very very FAST - and how often do you Mike Smith on a Baffert horse????
May they run with the wind

peeptoad

ROCK! Nice job, Arrogate a nd thank you Juddmonte for keeping him in training next year!  :happy:

Props to Chrome as well who was valiant as ever in defeat... was really hoping the young upstart would win this one so we'd get to see a superstar next year (and since so many of the top older males not to mention Pharoah were swept away last year)

Special props to Hoppertunity! Always reliable... always rounding out the tri and super.  ;D

Print
User actions