HORSE RELATED TRIVIA

Started by Raven, October 30, 2013, 12:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Name the jockey that won at least one race in 64 racing days in a row. He also won nine races in one day.

One of the best ever!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Blue Jeans

First to come to mind .... Willie Shoemaker?
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Raven

No.  This jock was east coast based. Did it in the late eighties. NY,NJ.

Flanders

Jerry Bailey?

Raven

No.Not him either.

Catalina

Chris Antley, who pulled up Charismatic in the Belmont and held his injured leg off the ground until the ambulance and vet could get there, and in doing so almost certainly saved Charismatic's life.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLCtp9n-scN8CPgk0boQqXypcrz61mPsE8OAeN4M_T6qwkzf4gaw

Raven

Yes!  But he did let Drachma run when injured and they had to euthanize him.

mchorseracecall

This horse won the Macau Triple Crown by winning the Macau Guineas, Macau Derby, and the Macau Gold Cup, and he finished tenth behind So You Think in the 2010 Cox Plate, and finished fourth in the 2010 Emirates Stakes from Flemington, what is the name of the racehorse from Macau?

Catalina

Quote from: Raven on November 24, 2013, 06:42:43 AM
Yes!  But he did let Drachma run when injured and they had to euthanize him.

I didn't know about Drachma...  Antley  had a drug problem, and maybe it's hard to say what was the addiction and what was the actual man.  I did find this quote from a book:

http://books.google.com/books?id=fACVNozwpDIC&pg=PA119&lpg=PA119&dq=drachma+antley&source=bl&ots=nPnkbwsL9j&sig=fY-JvLkmHDdHshl7nqaU2CvSrm4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=0CGSUsiLNYXI2gWi9YDwDw&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=drachma%20antley&f=false

Something to add to the reading list. 

Raven

The book is a very good read!  And the Drachma incident it's in there.  btw Drachma was one of my favorites at the time and i was heartbroken!

Catalina

I am sorry for everyone who had to watch that incident, and for you and all fans of Drachma.

mchorseracecall

Back to my trivia question:

This horse won the Macau Triple Crown by winning the Macau Guineas, Macau Derby, and the Macau Gold Cup, and he finished tenth behind So You Think in the 2010 Cox Plate, and finished fourth in the 2010 Emirates Stakes from Flemington, what is the name of the racehorse from Macau?

Blue Jeans

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 24, 2013, 05:01:46 PM

>Luen Yat Forever has galloped his way into the history books with a commanding win in the Group 1 Macau Gold Cup, to become the first winner of the Macau Triple Crown.<  Info found.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/luen+yat+forever
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Blue Jeans on November 26, 2013, 06:12:43 AM
Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 24, 2013, 05:01:46 PM

>Luen Yat Forever has galloped his way into the history books with a commanding win in the Group 1 Macau Gold Cup, to become the first winner of the Macau Triple Crown.<  Info found.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/luen+yat+forever

Luen Yat Forever is the correct answer to my trivia question.

Blue Jeans

Three days and no new trivia question?

Okay, then name the recently retired horse known as 'Australia's Worst Race Horse' and give his race record? 

Print
User actions