Travers Stakes

Started by Man o Taz, August 09, 2016, 09:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

You're welcome, B.
I'm serious- I don't like him so he'll probably win. Mike Beer likes him, so you're in good company.
I don't like the post, the class jump (at this stage), the races he's coming out of and the fact that he's set relatively moderate fractions in most of his races going gate-wire. He finishes well though, I'll give him that.

Eh, I'll let him beat me.

peeptoad

Or, as an alternative, I say bet Castellano... he's been on the winner 4 out of the last 6 Travers.

:chickendance:

stark

Quote from: peeptoad on August 27, 2016, 08:22:19 AM
Mike Beer likes him, so you're in good company.

So does the RagozinSheet guru, so my price might be waaay too short to take the rubber band off and step up to the windows.

peeptoad

Quote from: stark on August 27, 2016, 08:44:33 AM
So does the RagozinSheet guru, so my price might be waaay too short to take the rubber band off and step up to the windows.
Not in the market for a money clip, huh?  ;)

stark

Is it true.....

A program at Saratoga on Travers Day costs $7.00

Geesh, that's like The Parting Glass or Morton's Steak House charging for a menu!

afleetphil

$5 for one last Sat. I'm sure they bumped it up for  Travers Day. A couple of years ago the Whitney program was $6.

peeptoad

Nice pick stark!!!!! :)

stark

Quote from: peeptoad on August 27, 2016, 02:49:25 PM
Nice pick stark!!!!! :)

Thank$ very much.

And the problem with the metal ones is they don't hold very much ;D

Raven

Quote from: stark on August 24, 2016, 08:45:18 AM
Agree, but in Baffert we trust!
Good call!!!
That was awesome.
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

stark

Quote from: Raven on August 27, 2016, 04:42:40 PM
Good call!!!
That was awesome.

Thank$
$1.00 EXACTA 1-2 $67.25

stark

Steve Byk ‏@Steve_Byk  46m46 minutes ago Saratoga Springs, NY

Unprecedented 122 Beyer (prelim) for @JuddmonteFarms' Arrogate (Unbridled's Song) under Mike Smith for Bob Baffert.

Zenyatta

Quote from: stark on August 27, 2016, 05:51:15 PM
Steve Byk ‏@Steve_Byk  46m46 minutes ago Saratoga Springs, NY

Unprecedented 122 Beyer (prelim) for @JuddmonteFarms' Arrogate (Unbridled's Song) under Mike Smith for Bob Baffert.

I believe it was upgraded to a 123. If he stays sound, we could be talking about greatness here rather than just one freakish performance. He's 4 for 5, with wins against older already. I say keep him over there and either run him in the PA Derby or JCGC.

afleetphil

Arrogate reminds me of Bellamy Road in the 2005 Wood Memorial. And he never won a race after that one. We shall see.

Zenyatta

Quote from: afleetphil on August 29, 2016, 06:02:00 AM
Arrogate reminds me of Bellamy Road in the 2005 Wood Memorial. And he never won a race after that one. We shall see.

I wasn't nearly as impressed by Bellamy Road's win because it was much earlier in the year against a much lesser field. Arrogate, however, beat a much more seasoned field composed of many graded stakes winners. Granted, the best of the field other than Arrogate was a mudder, but you've got many G1 and G2 winners in the field and he clobbered them.

I've been a horse racing fan for over 50 years; this was the most impressive race by a 3 year old I can recall since Secretariat's Belmont.

peeptoad

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/a-numerical-perspective-on-arrogates-travers

Niiiice... as fast or faster than anything Chrome has ever run, faster as an individual # than AP's races, and very close to Frosted's Met, but likely with more room for improvement . Niiiice....

Print
User actions