Nyquist 25/1
Hoppertunity 25/1
Gun Runner 25/1
Effinex 33/1
Keen Ice 50/1
Win The Space 66/1
War Story 100/1

CA_Chrome

Chrome had a really excellent work today. Normally he works every Saturday, but with a storm coming into L.A., Art said he didn't want to take a chance on working Chrome over a hard sealed track. http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/216152/california-chrome-fit-for-bc-after-work

Some interesting comments. Both Dihigi Gladney and Jeff Siegel separately said this was a better work than the one last weekend. That was the work Chrome finished in :11 flat. Also, Bob Baffert has been quoted as saying Arrogate has his work cut out for him to beat "that Cal-bred."

Other notes: Nyquist did not have a good work today. It was somehow messed up when he started way too far back of his workmate. And Frosted looked impressive galloping.

stark

FWIW....

Mike Welsch ‏@DRFWelsch  54m54 minutes ago
Really love the way Effinex looks galloping this morning.  Relaxed, focused, ears pricked. Couldn't be doing better.

curtis

Quote from: stark on October 28, 2016, 09:03:59 AM
FWIW....

Mike Welsch ‏@DRFWelsch  54m54 minutes ago
Really love the way Effinex looks galloping this morning.  Relaxed, focused, ears pricked. Couldn't be doing better.
Since he can be kind of an in and outer, does anyone know if a correlation between his workouts and his performance?

Senator L

I dunno about the workouts but here is a quote from Jerkens about the last race

The $200,000 second-place share increased Effinex's earnings to over $3.2 million, and closer to Funny Cide's all-time total of $3,529,412 among New York-breds.

"I wonder if he really saw that other horse," said trainer Jimmy Jerkens. "I don't know if he really saw the horse until it was too late, because then he tried to fight back on. At the quarter-pole, he looked like he couldn't lose."

stark

FWIW, hmmmm....

Racingwithbruno ‏@Racingwithbruno  7h7 hours ago
Gave California Chrome 5 star work going into Awesome Again, not sure he gets even 4 star work for #bc16, Twitter way overboard on last work

curtis

Quote from: stark on October 28, 2016, 12:02:22 PM
FWIW, hmmmm....

Gave California Chrome 5 star work going into Awesome Again, not sure he gets even 4 star work for #bc16, Twitter way overboard on last work
FWIW indeed...... I remember leading up to the 2014 Derby that he didn't look good over the Churchill track. He did on Derby Day. I'm assuming he still may be favored.😉

CA_Chrome

Quote from: stark on October 28, 2016, 12:02:22 PM
FWIW, hmmmm....

I wonder which work Bruno is referring to here. The one last weekend, or the one yesterday. Or is his "way overboard" comment referring to the fact that Chrome went 5f on the 22nd and 6f just five days later? Here is a link to XBTV's video. It is of the full work as it happened live, with commentary at it happened by Zoe Cadman. Folks can watch this and decide for themselves about the work. Scroll down about three messages on this page: https://www.facebook.com/California-Chrome-1692849160948428/

stark

One thing to factor in, for about 25 years now Bruno has enjoyed being the role of contrarian clocker, sometimes he's even right ;)

stark

BREAKING NEWS: Nyquist injured, out of BC Classic

Puffy ankle after last work.

CA_Chrome

Sorry to see the Derby winner get injured. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be serious, but it's sad he won't have a chance to redeem himself in the Classic.

peeptoad

That takes some pace out of the mix... hope he's well enough for the Pegasus next year.

Scratch that. Looks like he was slated to be retired after the BC.

stark

Quote from: peeptoad on October 29, 2016, 08:55:00 AM
That takes some pace out of the mix... hope he's well enough for the Pegasus next year.

Scratch that. Looks like he was slated to be retired after the BC.

Reddam has a million dollar stall in the Pegasus, curious who that was bought for?

curtis

Quote from: stark on October 29, 2016, 11:42:31 AM
Reddam has a million dollar stall in the Pegasus, curious who that was bought for?
There's always Ralis. I think that's a French word used in the Quebec area that loosely translates to Rick's Natural Star.😉

Print
User actions