Wise Dan Does It Again

Started by afleetphil, August 30, 2014, 01:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afleetphil

Very impressive after the colic surgery. What a horse. Seven years old and still winning. Looking forward to the Breeders Cup Mile.

Raven

That was a nice effort by Wise Dan!!!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Senator L

How anyone cannot like this horse is beyond me :chickendance:

I hope he comes to Woodbine

peeptoad

He looked great yesterday... I was at the Spa yesterday and the crowd LOVED him... everyone cheered when he came out on the track. My mom bet Optimizer in that race and she said that if anyone but Wise Dan had beaten him she would have been really upset!

Senator L

Quote from: peeptoad on August 31, 2014, 06:32:56 AM
He looked great yesterday... I was at the Spa yesterday and the crowd LOVED him... everyone cheered when he came out on the track. My mom bet Optimizer in that race and she said that if anyone but Wise Dan had beaten him she would have been really upset!

Nice day to go to the races :chickendance:

Man o Taz

Quote from: Senator L on August 31, 2014, 11:33:26 AM
Nice day to go to the races :chickendance:

Peeptoad you should have let me know you were there - I would have treated you to a Black and White Shake - at the Shake Shack or a Jungle Juice at The Post if you were interested in something a little harder!

And you are absolutely right - compared to Dan's race - the paddock was empty the rest of the day - even for the Forego and the Woodward which turned out to be good races as well.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Delamont

Quote from: afleetphil on August 30, 2014, 01:44:24 PM
Very impressive after the colic surgery. What a horse. Seven years old and still winning. Looking forward to the Breeders Cup Mile.

Amen, amen!  I was cheering and biting my nails.
Somebody bet on the gray!

peeptoad

Quote from: Man o Taz on September 04, 2014, 08:27:48 AM
Peeptoad you should have let me know you were there - I would have treated you to a Black and White Shake - at the Shake Shack or a Jungle Juice at The Post if you were interested in something a little harder!

And you are absolutely right - compared to Dan's race - the paddock was empty the rest of the day - even for the Forego and the Woodward which turned out to be good races as well.

Next year, Taz. I will most likely be back there with my family on Labor Day weekend. Whitney weekend was on tap, but a family reunion the same weekend derailed that plan.
Both of my parents commented on how the crowd thinned out after Dan's race... they missed some good races!

curtis

Quote from: Senator L on August 30, 2014, 03:19:18 PM
How anyone cannot like this horse is beyond me :chickendance:

I hope he comes to Woodbine
I don't know of anyone that doesn't like the horse (how does one dislike a horse?) it's the way he is campaigned and I don't really have any problem with that.  It's after the campaign--or now during--that the connections state he should be Horse of the Year when what they are doing is setting him up to win by default.

Senator L

Yes, your right people probably like him, but I think many think
he is overated and he is now in his 7th year. For some reason
they don't want to give him any undue adulation.

Man o Taz

Quote from: peeptoad on September 04, 2014, 09:45:07 AM
Next year, Taz. I will most likely be back there with my family on Labor Day weekend. Whitney weekend was on tap, but a family reunion the same weekend derailed that plan.
Both of my parents commented on how the crowd thinned out after Dan's race... they missed some good races!

Excellent. SMILE
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Print
User actions