Private Zone out of True North as Brian Lynch Tests Positive.....

Started by Zenyatta, June 08, 2016, 07:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

stark

New York State Gaming Commission maintaining their zero tolerance policy for unwarranted drugs in the industry!

BaroqueAgain1

Of all the things that I think are wrong with racing, the idea that a trainer may have residual marijuana in his or her system is WAY down on the list.  ::)
I can understand zero tolerance for the riders, because if you're steering a half-ton horse, having any reduction in reaction time or judgment is probably not a good idea.
But a trainer? Unless he or she is so high that he/she is putting the saddle on backwards, it really shouldn't matter. At least, not so much that a trainer should lose the right to run horses in the state.

curtis

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on June 08, 2016, 08:36:15 PM
Of all the things that I think are wrong with racing, the idea that a trainer may have residual marijuana in his or her system is WAY down on the list.  ::)
I can understand zero tolerance for the riders, because if you're steering a half-ton horse, having any reduction in reaction time or judgment is probably not a good idea.
But a trainer? Unless he or she is so high that he/she is putting the saddle on backwards, it really shouldn't matter. At least, not so much that a trainer should lose the right to run horses in the state.
You gotta wonder just what kinda joint NYRA's running there.

Zenyatta

Quote from: curtis on June 08, 2016, 09:02:59 PM

Nice pun there, Curtis!  :lmao:

peeptoad

Yeah, that was a good one, Curtis.
You do have to wonder though since Lynch was pegged for a positive on a drug that is legal in some states, and about to become legal in several others. Plus, Private Zone is out there running, not Lynch. Seems like Lynch was singled out for some reason, but god knows why, when there are others who get a slap on the wrist for coming to the track drunk, but grass is an issue?
Hey, NYRA, you just hammered Lynch for something your patrons smoke every day hanging out on the track apron!  :chickendance:

TouchOfGrey

Quote from: curtis on June 08, 2016, 09:02:59 PM

Funny, but just want to point out this was the New York Gaming Commission's decision.  NYRA had nothing to do with it.

peeptoad

The other thing I find odd about this is Lynch's other entrants got transferred to different trainers, but PZ was forced to scratch. Why?

KimmieB

Seriously?  :headshake:
Its not like it was found in the horse or the even jockey.
Was he smoking it around the barn or anywhere on the track property?

I don't get the over reaction. Why punish the horse?

stark

Lynch apologizes for failed drug test, vows it will never happen again
By David Grening

ELMONT, N.Y. – One day after surrendering his license for failing a drug test, trainer Brian Lynch took responsibility for his actions, offered apologies to his owners and staff, and vowed that it will never happen again.

more @ http://www.drf.com/news/lynch-apologizes-failed-drug-test-vows-it-will-never-happen-again

TouchOfGrey

BaroqueAgain1

stark

Private Zone to stay in N Y for Belmont Sprint rather than ship to Fla. for Summit of Speed per racing manager Rene Douglas.

stark

update....

ETOBICOKE, Ontario – Trainer Brian Lynch, who had to surrender his New York license on June 8 after failing a drug test for marijuana, will continue to be allowed to train at Woodbine, according to steward Fenton Platts.

"He's never been suspended by the New York Racing Association and [New York State] Gaming Commission," Platts said. "There's never been a ruling issued. They're holding it in-house. I spoke to the stewards there last week, and there will not be a ruling issued. If there's no suspension, there's no reason for his owners to be penalized, and we are not going to suspend his license at this point in time."

Some of Lynch's Belmont runners have been running in the name of assistant Erin Cotterill.

Lynch won the 2015 Queen's Plate with Shaman Ghost. He could be represented in this year's Queen's Plate on July 3 with Hammers Vision.
http://www.drf.com/news/lynch-allowed-train-woodbine-after-failed-drug-test-new-york

Catalina

Finally, some common sense in this mess.

Print
User actions