San Pascual (G2) 1-11-2014

Started by Zenyatta, January 10, 2014, 09:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

$200,000
Race 8
8.5 Furlongs, 4 yo & up

1    Blingo (KY)                       5/G    L    V Espinoza    118    J A Shirreffs    7/2
2    Blueskiesnrainbows (VA)       5/H    L    M A Pedroza    118    J Hollendorfer    2/1
3    Majestic City (KY)               5/H    L    E A Maldonado    118    R W Ellis    5/1
4    Spud Spivens (CA)               6/G    L    C S Nakatani    118    H Moreno    12/1
5    Majestic Harbor (KY)       6/H    L    T Baze            118    S McCarthy    6/1
6    Rousing Sermon (CA)       5/H    L    R Bejarano    118    J Hollendorfer    5/2
7    Drill (KY)                               5/H    L    M E Smith    118    B Baffert            6/1 

What's wrong with the older horse division in So Cal? A completely uninspiring field.

I suppose if I had to pick one, it would be  Blueskysnrainbows since he won last time out, though as a longshot old Spud looks good.

BaroqueAgain1

I think they keep running Drill hoping to get him another graded stakes win...so they can retire him with some hope of landing at a good breeding farm.
  I'd like that, since we lost Lawyer Ron and Drill seems to one of his better sons...being out of a Storm Cat mare gives him a pretty nice pedigree.

curtis

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on January 11, 2014, 03:33:14 PM
  I think they keep running Drill hoping to get him another graded stakes win...so they can retire him with some hope of landing at a good breeding farm.
  I'd like that, since we lost Lawyer Ron and Drill seems to one of his better sons...being out of a Storm Cat mare gives him a pretty nice pedigree.

Well we'd love to see him up here for the Longacres Mile but I'm not sure that's the type of graded race they're looking for.

peeptoad

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on January 11, 2014, 03:33:14 PM

Hopefully Itsmyluckyday makes it back in good order. He was another nice one for Ron.

Print
User actions