Coaching Club American Oaks (G1)

Started by Zenyatta, July 23, 2016, 07:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

It's Songbird's race to lose. Carina Mia is a nice filly, but no match for the champ:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/213501/songbird-adds-star-power-to-sundays-cca-oaks

Senator L

She won't lose. Every time you watch her race, you'll be watching history.
For some reason she reminds me of Cigar, people always thinking this is
the race she'll lose. She'll go the rest of the year undefeated. Use
her as a "free square" in your exoctics

BaroqueAgain1

Well, that was impressive. Carina Mia might have thought she had a chance when she pulled alongside Songbird on the turn....but then Mike really asked his filly to run. Bye-bye. Won with her ears pricked.  ;D

Zenyatta

She got the "look in the eye" test, and passed with flying colors.  Alabama here we come. She'll win by a pole.

stark

Mikey getting closer and closer to saying she's the best female he's ridden, maybe he's been listening to Gary too long, or just maybe as
un-be-lieve-able as it may sound, she just might turn out to be the best!

Senator L

just enjoy, no need to compare. Do not be afraid to accept greatness, she is and will be as long
as she races. Until she faces older or males she will continue to romp and those factors probably will not matter  :chickendance:

curtis

Quote from: stark on July 24, 2016, 06:18:11 PM
Mikey getting closer and closer to saying she's the best female he's ridden, maybe he's been listening to Gary too long, or just maybe as
un-be-lieve-able as it may sound, she just might turn out to be the best!
Nah, she's got a bit to go to catch Azeri.😉

afleetphil

Looking forward to watch her in the Alabama. Gotta get my tickets.

stark

Songbird earns a career-best 101 Beyer Speed Figure for CCA Oaks win

Dusty

Quote from: Senator L on July 24, 2016, 07:02:19 PM
just enjoy, no need to compare. Do not be afraid to accept greatness, she is and will be as long
as she races. Until she faces older or males she will continue to romp and those factors probably will not matter  :chickendance:

YES! Let's ENJOY!
May they run with the wind

Man o Taz

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on July 24, 2016, 03:44:27 PM
Well, that was impressive. Carina Mia might have thought she had a chance when she pulled alongside Songbird on the turn....but then Mike really asked his filly to run. Bye-bye. Won with her ears pricked.  ;D

I read somewhere else that the way to beat Songbird is not to wait to press her late, but to press her early and they may be right because this did not work. :)
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

I don't think a strategy will beat her. Maybe if a filly can improve who has a lot
of class and fight in her...just don't see it, as long as she is staying
in her division

Man o Taz

Or perhaps a group effort with horses challenging her early and then a quality horse like Weep No More coming late. Without any challenge early she was allowed to basically just gallop around the track and win effortlessly has she has so many times. I expect the Alabama to be more of the same unless Off The Tracks can muster an early challenge. My feeling as always been that the time to take a short against her was in the CCAO. Now she has a race over the track and will be bolstering any fitness gained from that effort by training over it. This will make her one tough customer come the Alabama.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

The problem with your plan is that she can rate off the lead if she wants.
I think the only question is the distance.
She sure is fun to watch though

Print
User actions