Main Menu

Firing Line

Started by Zenyatta, July 09, 2016, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Looks like he won't be running against California Chrome anytime soon. He was beaten by double digits.

BaroqueAgain1

There was a reason for that poor performance.  :(
    Thanks to all concerned about Firing Line's subpar run today. He scoped dirty and had lots of mucus. We will be patient before next run.
    https://twitter.com/simon_callaghan?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hope he gets over whatever it is and returns looking more like the talented colt who was second to American Pharoah in the Derby.

Diver52

How does it happen (I'm not a hands-on horse person) that you don't know your horse's lungs are clogged up before a race?  Was really hoping to see a good performance.   :(

Catalina

Quote from: Diver52 on July 10, 2016, 12:30:01 AM
How does it happen (I'm not a hands-on horse person) that you don't know your horse's lungs are clogged up before a race?  Was really hoping to see a good performance.   :(

Indeed.  Seems like strenuous exercise (running a race) wouldn't be a good thing when you have clogged lungs. 

ElPrado

Exercise would loosen the mucus and bring it to light. A horse doesn't stand there clearing it's throat. They do cough, but not usually until it is fairly severe, at least in my experience.

Diver52

Thanks, that makes sense.

Zenyatta

Poor Firing Line, I was so looking forward to his comeback.  Was it respiratory or other issues that kept him out so long?

curtis

Quote from: Zenyatta on July 10, 2016, 01:04:17 PM
Poor Firing Line, I was so looking forward to his comeback.  Was it respiratory or other issues that kept him out so long?
I believe it was bone chips.

Print
User actions