Summertime Oaks (G2) - Santa Anita

Started by Zenyatta, June 18, 2016, 12:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenyatta

Songbird's comeback race. Expect her to be 1/9 again.

Would have loved to see a match up with Enola Gray.

Zenyatta

8 for 8. She plays with her competition.

REGRET

such a lovely filly.    her trainer made it sound like she won't face any boys this year.   at least that's how it sounded in the post race interview on tvg. 

Zenyatta

When you think about it, if they intend to race her at 4, waiting may not be a bad idea. As good as Rachel was, I think all the tough races,especially the Woodward, compromised her as a 4 year old. There's no hurry, race her at 4 and watch her clean up.

Dusty

I am just thrilled that she is back and RUNNING - just think what we have to look forward to!
May they run with the wind

stark

Songbird earned 97 Beyer cruising G2 Summertime Oaks on Saturday at Santa Anita.

Undefeated filly (8 for 8) next start somewhere East.

Zenyatta

Quote from: stark on June 19, 2016, 08:41:28 AM
Songbird earned 97 Beyer cruising G2 Summertime Oaks on Saturday at Santa Anita.

Undefeated filly (8 for 8) next start somewhere East.

CCA Oaks, Alabama, Cotillion. :)

Man o Taz

Wonderful to see her back on the track and healthy. Stay that way so we can watch her burn up the track.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Zenyatta

Oops, scratch the CCA Oaks and make that the Delaware Oaks.

Man o Taz

Why? Is there news out there that says they are no longer pointing to the CCOA?

My understanding from the Facebook page and TDN article was that she was pointed to Saratoga...

https://www.facebook.com/Fox-Hill-Farm-149399288440985/

We need to correct or expand on some statements made in a TDN article today. The statement has set off an unintentional firestorm.
The statement reads: "We could go right to the Breeders' Cup then [after the Cotillion]. Obviously, we would run in the [GI Breeders' Cup] Distaff, unless Beholder (Henny Hughes) goes in the Distaff, then I have to go somewhere else. I am getting way ahead of myself, but you always have a plan and hope things go well." The statement was followed up with Rick repeating that he doesn't intend to race against males this year but will consider doing so next year.
Rick was distracted during the interview and said it somewhat flippantly, out of the respect he has for Beholder. Despite wanting to run in the BC Distaff and not wanting to run this year against males, if Beholder was to show up for the Distaff at the top of her game, we may look at the other dirt races on the card. If Songbird has impressed us where we feel confident going up against a Beholder who is at her best, then we will.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/songbird-likely-to-head-east/

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Print
User actions