Which racetrack do you prefer to host the Breeders' Cup (2015-2030)?

Started by mchorseracecall, November 21, 2013, 08:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jeans

Quote from: Bookman on November 27, 2013, 06:55:20 AM
Since mcracehorsecall brought up White Castle, I'll add my 2 cents.

Krystal's are far superior to White Castle. White Castles have those pesky holes that look like they were shot full of holes with my grandfather's M1911.  Krystal's have a much better taste. Additionally White Castle implies racism.

....the chain's prefabricated porcelain buildings. The building measured 28 feet (8.5 m) by 28 feet (8.5 m) and was made to resemble the Chicago Water Tower, with octagonal buttresses, crenelated towers, and a parapet wall. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Castle_(restaurant)

A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

mchorseracecall

As I said before, I didn't bring up White Castle, Victor is the one  who brought up White Castle on this topic. Everybody, let's get over with the White Castle stuff, which was brought up by Vic In Chicago, and let's stick with our topic on different racetracks for the Breeders' Cup World Championships of 2015, all the way thorough 2030.  :rhrse:

Blue Jeans

Quote from: mchorseracecall on November 27, 2013, 07:14:30 AM
As I said before, I didn't bring up White Castle, Victor is the one  who brought up White Castle on this topic. Everybody, let's get over with the White Castle stuff, which was brought up by Vic In Chicago, and let's stick with our topic on different racetracks for the Breeders' Cup World Championships of 2015, all the way thorough 2030.  :rhrse:

I agree, but you have to remind some folks to check out facts before posting on the internet .... especially when that info can stir up trouble.  Right?
A horse doesn't care how much you know, until he knows how much you care. ~Pat Parelli

Horse sense, n.: Stable thinking. ~Author Unknown

Vic in Chicago

TIME OUT EVERYBODY!!   :chickendance:

First of all, for the record, I didn't introduce the subject of White Castles to this thread, although I do crave them and believe they are a perfectly appropriate criteria for selecting a Breeders' Cup location.  Rather, that troublemaker Dave in TJ Mex brought it up on Nov. 24, in making the point that since there are no White Castles near Del Mar, perhaps Del Mar should not be awarded the Breeders' Cup (which I agree with).

Secondly, thank you Blue Jeans for correcting the historical record as to the origin of the iconic White Castle restaurants, in response to Bookmans outrageous accusation of racism, a claim which, in my judgement, rises to the legal definition of libel.   :mallet:

Thirdly, Bookman, as a piece of friendly advice, most of us have learned that if you post something that contains even the least bit of humor, you MUST include a smiley face, or else mchorseracecall will think you're serious and respond with a lecture.   :) :) :) :) :)

And finally, as to the absurd claim of Krystal's superiority to White Castle...Bookman, as you can already see, your outrageous opinion has really kicked open a hornet's nest.  By the time the mayhem subsides, TRF may not survive.

I realize that in America, technically, every person is entitled to their opinion.  But for someone to state publicly that Krystals are superior to White Castles is to stretch one's First Amendment right of free speech to its absolute limit!!  :flaming: 
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

The Tin Man

Quote from: Vic in Chicago on November 27, 2013, 07:49:30 AM
TIME OUT EVERYBODY!!   :chickendance:

First of all, for the record, I didn't introduce the subject of White Castles to this thread, although I do crave them and believe they are a perfectly appropriate criteria for selecting a Breeders' Cup location.  Rather, that troublemaker Dave in TJ Mex brought it up on Nov. 24, in making the point that since there are no White Castles near Del Mar, perhaps Del Mar should not be awarded the Breeders' Cup (which I agree with).

Secondly, thank you Blue Jeans for correcting the historical record as to the origin of the iconic White Castle restaurants, in response to Bookmans outrageous accusation of racism, a claim which, in my judgement, rises to the legal definition of libel.   :mallet:

Thirdly, Bookman, as a piece of friendly advice, most of us have learned that if you post something that contains even the least bit of humor, you MUST include a smiley face, or else mchorseracecall will think you're serious and respond with a lecture.   :) :) :) :) :)

And finally, as to the absurd claim of Krystal's superiority to White Castle...Bookman, as you can already see, your outrageous opinion has really kicked open a hornet's nest.  By the time the mayhem subsides, TRF may not survive.

I realize that in America, technically, every person is entitled to their opinion.  But for someone to state publicly that Krystals are superior to White Castles is to stretch one's First Amendment right of free speech to its absolute limit!!  :flaming:

We don't have either here in SoCal ...

I would eagerly devour 10 of them in a heartbeat were I to have access. LOOOOOVE them both!!!

Delicious!!!   :HT3:

mchorseracecall

Let's stick with the topic on different racetracks for the Breeders' Cup World Championships from 2015, all the way thorough 2030. I want to ask everybody which of the different racetracks that you prefer to host the Breeders' Cup World Championships from 2015, all the way thorough 2030?

Besides me, please give me the list of different racetracks that you prefer to host the Breeders' Cup World Championships from 2015, all the way thorough 2030, and it needs to have the four criteria for the Breeders' Cup World Championships
1. It should be on different major thoroughbred racetracks that have both the main track (dirt or synthetic) and a turf course.
2. It should be on different major thoroughbred racetracks that have live horse racing action during the end of October or the first week of November.
3. It should be on different major thoroughbred racetracks instead of the Santa Anita Autumn Meet from 2015, all the way thorough 2019.
4. It should be on different major thoroughbred racetracks along with the Santa Anita Autumn Meet from 2020, all the way thorough 2030.

Raven

My vote goes to  White Castle!!!!

They should host the BC in the parking lot!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Bookman

If the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships is held at Santa Anita Park, the Great Race Place, I'll stop on the way to the In-N-Out Burgers on the corner of Santa Anita Ave and Colorado Blvd and pick up some lunch.  I have on occasion walked from the track and picked up a burger.  I might miss one race, but it's nice to get out and walk.  Not a Krystal or White Castle, but a very decent burger.

I usually grab a few extra napkins to stuff into my ears to avoid hearing the track announcer.

Bookman

Quote from: The Tin Man on November 27, 2013, 07:56:14 AM

We don't have either here in SoCal ...

I would eagerly devour 10 of them in a heartbeat were I to have access. LOOOOOVE them both!!!

Delicious!!!   :HT3:

Mr. Tin Man.
I noticed you have a graphic posted with a family that appears to be enjoying Thanksgiving Dinner.  If you have any friends in the southeast or midwest, have them overnight you some Krystal or White Castle Hamburgers.  Probably too late for this year, but save this recipe.  Years ago I tried a similar one.  The key is 1 burger per pound of turkey.  You won't be sorry!!

QuoteIngredients:
20 Krystal or White Castle burgers (no mustard, no pickles)
2 1/2 c. diced celery
1 small onion diced
2 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
2 1/2 tsp. ground sage
2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. Kosher salt.
1/2-3/4 c. Chicken broth
Directions:
Go to Krystal and order the 24 pack. 4 for lunch and put the rest in the fridge overnight. The next day tear up the burgers in small pieces and place in a bowl with all the seasonings, onions, and celery. Add the chicken broth until you think it's at the proper wetness.Pre-heat the oven to 350ยบ. Place the stuffing in a baking pan or disposable half pan and bake for 45 minutes covered with foil. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes to brown the top.

Make sure no mustard or pickles.  Either ship well in a foil lined Styrofoam container and usually can reach a major CA city and still be warm.  Enjoy.

Fairmont Park would probably be a good place to host the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.  Most real Americans don't care about grass anyway and they are ONLY 2.8 MILES from a White Castle.  Set up some extra portable bleachers and have a fine day of real horseracing!

And after the race, visit the World's Wargest Ketchup Bottle!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.  They don't let me on the computer often.

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Bookman on November 27, 2013, 08:39:15 AM
If the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships is held at Santa Anita Park, the Great Race Place, I'll stop on the way to the In-N-Out Burgers on the corner of Santa Anita Ave and Colorado Blvd and pick up some lunch.  I have on occasion walked from the track and picked up a burger.  I might miss one race, but it's nice to get out and walk.  Not a Krystal or White Castle, but a very decent burger.

I usually grab a few extra napkins to stuff into my ears to avoid hearing the track announcer.

Bookman, as I said before, I don't care which television network or which media source broadcast the Breeders' Cup World Championships, as long as I can hear Trevor's call of all the Breeders' Cup races, that's fine for me. Trevor is not only my favorite horse racing announcer of all time, Trevor is also Dave's favorite horse racing announcer of all time. I was very lucky I've got a chance to hear Trevor's call of all the Breeders' Cup races this year, and I was very happy about that.  I left TBC three weeks ago, and now, I am only using thoroughbredracingfans.com, I have to watch out the things that I post on this website.  :rhrse: :thumbsup:

Zenyatta

There's always Mountaineer. Hey, if we've had the BC at Lone Star, why not?

And mchorse, if you reiterate as you response your plea to state which tracks I want from 2015 to 2030, well then, all I can say is, quit taking us literally and go with the flow.

Forget White Castle, Vic. I want a track near a Five Guys.

The Tin Man

Quote from: Zenyatta on December 02, 2013, 06:03:38 AM
There's always Mountaineer. Hey, if we've had the BC at Lone Star, why not?
:thumbsup:5
And mchorse, if you reiterate as you response your plea to state which tracks I want from 2015 to 2030, well then, all I can say is, quit taking us literally and go with the flow.

Hmmmm ... that sounds quite interesting ...  :thumbsup:

Vic in Chicago

Quote from: The Tin Man on December 03, 2013, 09:18:45 AM

Well, to continue driving this thread right over the cliff...the track you want is Arlington.   ;)
Giant Oak - The Pride Of Chicago!

serenassong

I can only get White Castle hamburgers in the grocery store frozen, just not the same thing. Years ago, each time my aunt came up from the Bronx, she would bring a bunch up and we would eat them like we were going to the chair, lol.  Never had Krystals- and the one 5 guys that I went to was disgusting, would not go back.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

mchorseracecall

Quote from: Vic in Chicago on December 03, 2013, 10:24:19 AM
Quote from: The Tin Man on December 03, 2013, 09:18:45 AM

Well, to continue driving this thread right over the cliff...the track you want is Arlington.   ;)

As I said before, I don't support on the move of having four consecutive years of the Breeders' Cup World Championships to be in the same location, and I don't support on the move of having a major racetrack to become the permanent site for the Breeders' Cup World Championships because it gives no variety to the horse racing fans, which is bad for the sport. Imagine, if we have the Olympics in London or the FIFA World Cup in the United States, every time during every four year period, or even the Super Bowl, what happens if we have the Super Bowl to be held in New York every year? Same thing, it doesn't give much variety for sport fans around the world. >:( The Breeders' Cup World Championships is best known as the "Olympics" of horse racing, and it should leave it as it is. The purpose for me to create this topic is for you to have a chance by giving me your own list of different racetracks that you prefer to host the Breeders' Cup World Championships after 2014, all the way thorough 2030. However, it has to meet the four criteria:

1. It has to be on a major racetrack that has both the main track (dirt or synthetic) and a turf course
2. It should be on a major racetrack that has live horse racing action during the final week of October or the first week of November
3. It should be in different racetracks instead of the Santa Anita Autumn Meet between 2015 and 2019
4. It should be in different racetracks along with the Santa Anita Autumn Meet between 2020 and 2030

Print
User actions