Tough Sunday- nice article

Started by peeptoad, January 05, 2015, 06:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

This guy is actually in my VS because of his 2nd career race in which he looked great (but lost the race). Had no idea he had it so "tough" as a youngster:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/89422/courageous-cal-bred-colt-wins-at-santa-anita

Man o Taz

Wow. What a story. Thank God the connections stayed with him. Many would have probably given up.

Great to hear he notched his 1st victory - hopefully 1st of many and certainly a nominee for the 2015 Vox Populi Award.

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

Amazing how the mom left so soon. Must be a tough little
guy, nice time too for a two year old.

Man o Taz

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Raven

Quote from: Man o Taz on January 30, 2015, 11:25:59 AM
A nice article about Spend a Buck too.
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2015/01/28/the-horse-who-changed-the-triple-crown.aspx
Thanks for the link.
I was at the OTB for the derby.  And I was going to bet another horse( (I don't remember whom)
But when I saw  Spend a Buck in the post parade I change my mind and I went with him!!!!!
He remains the one that I picked the latter of all my derby picks.
BTW Orb is the one I picked the erlyest!! I picked him to win the derby in September of his two year old debut when he finished third.
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Senator L

BTW Orb is the one I picked the erlyest!! I picked him to win the derby in September of his two year old debut when he finished third.

Wow that's early Raven. I hope you made some good money on him - do you ever do future bets?

Mine was Smarty Jones. No one seemed to like him because he was from Phillly and Stewart Elliot was
riding. One of my favorite horses :chickendance:

Raven

I bet him in the futures st 17/1.
I posters that after his first start at the TBC forum,that I thought he was going to win next years derby!!
I don't know how to do links,but if anyone cares they can find it there!

Man o Taz

Quote from: Raven on January 30, 2015, 05:50:40 PM
Thanks for the link.
I was at the OTB for the derby.  And I was going to bet another horse( (I don't remember whom)
But when I saw  Spend a Buck in the post parade I change my mind and I went with him!!!!!
He remains the one that I picked the latter of all my derby picks.

You have a good eye.

I think they all look great in the paddock and wouldn't be able to choose between them on that basis.

Here's an article for peeptoad
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2015/02/02/haskin-patriots-dynasty-began-with-tiznow.aspx

Raven

Thanks for the link to the BH article.

Senator L

Bill Parcells is a really big horse racing fan. Spends many afternoons at NYRA tracks

Raven

Quote from: Senator L on February 02, 2015, 01:31:23 PM
Bill Parcells is a really big horse racing fan. Spends many afternoons at NYRA tracks
He owns Saratoga Snacks, and he has a house in Saratoga!!

peeptoad

Quote from: Raven on February 02, 2015, 02:22:25 PM
He owns Saratoga Snacks, and he has a house in Saratoga!!

That's pretty cool- didn't know that.  :thumbsup:

Raven

Quote from: peeptoad on February 02, 2015, 04:08:29 PM
That's pretty cool- didn't know that.  :thumbsup:
Snacks is entered today in the 7th at the big A
Garry Sciacca is the new owner!!!

Raven

Quote from: Raven on February 12, 2015, 11:57:56 AM
Snacks is entered today in the 7th at the big A
Garry Sciacca is the new owner!!!
He won!

Man o Taz

:happy:

Print
User actions