Main Menu

uh oh...

Started by peeptoad, June 23, 2016, 09:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

http://www.drf.com/news/humane-society-forms-horse-racing-advisory-council

I'm actually in support of a national governing body for horse racing, but I am very skeptical that any good will come from HSUS involvement. They are a corrupt and decidedly inhumane organization that is not charitable. A mere 1% of all donations received actually goes to helping shelter animals and the current agenda of the HSUS is more in line with animal rights' groups rather than advocating for animal welfare. They're top priorities lie in the area of developing animal rights legislation, as opposed to charitable donations to shelters and wildlife rehab groups and the like. They've gone on record with extremist statements like ending the use of animals for food, and, as recently as 2012, they were instructed to pay out millions in a racketeering lawsuit.

So now they've established an advisory council for racing. Since they're partnering with reps from the Jockey Club and Maryland Racing Commission maybe I am wrong about this. I hope so...

stark

Interesting thread title, could've been just about anything, e.g.....

Uh-Oh Maiden Races @ Del Mar....
2016 $63,000
2015 $70,000
2014 $75,000

or

Uh-Oh....Godolphin finally makes it!

Oak Tree At Pleasanton STAKES

Purse $50,000. (Plus $15,000 – CBOIF - California Bred Owner Fund). For Three-Year-Olds And Upward. No nomination fee, or by supplementary nomination of $1,000 (includes all fees) by Noon, Sunday, June 19. $300 additional to start, with $50,000 Added, with $30,000 (plus fees) to the winner, $10,000 to second, $6,000 to third, $3,000 to fourth and $1,000 to fifth. High weights preferred. (Formerly called Alamedan Handicap and County of Alameda Handicap). Closed Saturday, June 18, 2016 with 13 nominations. One And One Sixteenth Miles.

PP   Horse    Virtual
Stable   A/S   Med   Jockey   Wgt   Trainer
1   Eagle Screams (CA)      7/G   L   J J Hernandez   118   J Wong
2   Tamarando (CA)      5/H   L   P M Terrero   116   J Bonde
3   Bronze Star (KY)      4/C   L   R Gonzalez   115   J Hollendorfer
4   Southern Freedom (KY)      5/H   L   A Gomez   120   J Hollendorfer
5   He's a Pepper (CA)      4/C   L   I Orozco   113   A Paszkeicz
6   Hollywood Angel (FL)      4/G   L   J Couton   117   B D Wright
7   Docs Legacy (IRE)      7/G   L   C Martinez   118   M Badilla
8   Extant (CA)      4/C   L   K Frey   114   J B Josephson
9   Crittenden (KY)      4/G      F T Alvarado   116   E G Harty
Owners: 1 - Scott Herbertson or Deborah Kriletich ; 2 - Mr. & Mrs. Larry D. Williams ; 3 - Jerry Hollendorfer ; 4 - Mark DeDomenico, LLC, Dang or Todaro, et al ; 5 - Alexander A. Paszkeicz Living Trust ; 6 - Peter Redekop B. C., Ltd. ; 7 - Ronald L. Charles or Samuel Gordon ; 8 - Jeff Siegel ; 9 - Godolphin Stable

Back to the OP, sorry I don't know much about the Humane Society but any National effort seems better than individual states are trying.

peeptoad

Maybe it's a bogus subject line. Couldn't think of anything right at that moment so stuck with my gut instinct.

Senator L

Seems like they are going through the "back door" to form a national governing body.
I think it is a good idea and the members of the board seem solid.  :celebrate:

Zenyatta

Quote from: peeptoad on June 23, 2016, 12:57:17 PM
Maybe it's a bogus subject line. Couldn't think of anything right at that moment so stuck with my gut instinct.

You can change the subject if you like, but then I like its air of mystery. Click bait indeed. ;)

Dusty

Geez... scared me - Peep you created it you can change it! LOL :OMG:
May they run with the wind

ElPrado

I'll agree with the uh-oh. I learned my lesson about HSUS many years ago.  :banghead:

Zenyatta

Hey stark, I'm gratified that Godolphin has truly hit the big time. Pleasanton is right up there with Saratoga! ;)

Print
User actions