G1 Carter Handicap East Meets West - Sahara Sky vs. The Rest

Started by Man o Taz, April 04, 2014, 12:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Purse $500,000. A Handicap For Three Year Olds And Upward. No nomination fee. $2,500 to pass the entry box and an additional $2,500 to start. A supplemental nomination fee of $10,000 in addition to the entry and starting fees may be made at any time prior to the publication of weights. The purse to be divided 60% to the winner, 20% to second, 10% to third, 5% to fourth, 3% to fifth and 2% divided equally among the remaining finishers. Trophies will be presented to the winning owner, trainer and jockey. Closed Saturday, March 22, 2014 with 30 Nominations. Seven Furlongs.

P#   PP   Horse   Virtual
Stable   A/S   Med   Jockey   Wgt   Trainer   M/L
1   1   Central Banker (KY)      4/C   L   J R Velazquez     117   A M Stall, Jr.   5/1
2   2   Clearly Now (KY)      4/C   L   J L Ortiz             117   B A Lynch           5/1
3   3   Golden Ticket (KY)      5/H   L   J Castellano     118   K G McPeek   3/1
4   4   Dads Caps (KY)      4/C   L   L Contreras     114   R R Rodriguez   12/1
5   5   Strapping Groom (KY)   7/H   L   I Ortiz, Jr.             120   D Jacobson   4/1
6   6   Sahara Sky (FL)      6/H   L   C S Nakatani     122   J Hollendorfer   2/1
7   7   Saturday's Charm (KY)   5/H   L   M Franco             112   S M Asmussen   20/1

I'll have to go with another favorite. Boring.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Raven

I'm with you on both of them winning!

Sahara Sky at 3/5     and Kobe's Back at 6/5
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Senator L

this one looks like a good one :chickendance:

Man o Taz

Well, at least Sahara Sky distinguished himself finishing a good second. I think he may like 8 furlongs better. Hoping for a repeat performance in the Met Mile.

No shame losing to a Discreet Cat son at Aqueduct since he owns the track record at 8 furlongs.   

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

Dads cap stole that one

Man o Taz

Well, I don't want to diss a Discreet Cat son, but Sahara Sky was definitely the best horse in the race.

Print
User actions