Back In Training After Setbacks

Started by Man o Taz, June 20, 2014, 07:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/89032/palace-malice-to-target-breeders-cup-classic

Palace Malice to target 2015 Classic, with his return race tentatively scheduled for May.

Man o Taz

Hmm. I wonder if they are worried about his durability.

Winchester
Metropolitan Mile
Whitney
Jockey Club Gold Cup
BC Classic at Keeneland

A rather provincial schedule for the NY circuit.

I know if this were another horse who won these races some might balk suggesting that he did not geographically race enough.

Its obvious they want to keep him fit which should be a key concern given what happened last year.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Raven

Indian Brut came back after 14 months layoff, to brake his maiden in his second lifetime start!!!
Last year,after his first start, i thought he was the best 2yr old that i've sen so far. Then he was turned out all that time with some minor issues.   I'm so excited about his future!!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Man o Taz

Fantastic. Will keep an eye on him. He lost to a good horse in his first race - Noble Moon... and he has a nice pedigree - how many grandsons of Mr. Prospector are still racing and his sire is in the Nasrullah line? 
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

ElPrado

Well, I don't think we will see Chrome again. They have him in England to try him against the top Euro stars and I just don't think he wis usually a much softer turf that what he has been on before. The owners have him there hoping that someone makes an offer. From what I've seen, he has no real shot of getting a big Ky farm interested. He just does not have the high dollar stud fee potential.

Man o Taz

Well, we'll see him in the US again and I bet after the Arlington Million they run him in the Awesome Again as a prep for the Kentucky Derby unless Keeneland writes a BC prep race.

Print
User actions