Ebby sells for 2.1 million ...

Started by The Tin Man, November 05, 2013, 11:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dance With Gable

She's been consistently working better than I've ever seen her work in her life.

If she keeps this up, she should be ready to roll whenever he sets her free again!

Raven

I will like her to try NY again!!  I think she will like the Belmont track and love Aqueduct's!! 
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Man o Taz

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on January 17, 2014, 02:54:08 PM
  Somehow, I doubt that John wants her to experience the New York starting gate again. If he can get her over the memory of that lousy, painful experience, why borrow trouble by taking her back there?  ;)

Because I believe he wants to try NY again when the weather improves - and where he goes so do his horses.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

February 13th - 2nd race...8.5 furlongs - Santa Anita...Ebby against a field of of four other horses...

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/SA021314USA-EQB.html#RACE2
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

So she is stepping up big time to face Beholder...in the Santa Lucia Stakes this Sunday...

I hope the field does not dwindle down any further - since I would not want it to become a match race...

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/SA042014USA-EQB.html#RACE8

Race 8 - Post Time - 4:00 PM     
Santa Lucia S.
Santa Anita Park STAKES

Purse $75,000. (Plus $22,500 – CBOIF - California Bred Owner Fund). For Fillies And Mares Four Years Old And Upward Which Have Not Won A Graded Stakes At One Mile Or Over In 2014. FREE nominations close Thursday, April 10. Closed with 15. Supplementary nomination of $1,500 by closing time of entry. Closed with 2. The added monies and all fees to be divided 60% to the winner, 20% to second, 12% to third, 6% to fourth and 2% to fifth. Weight: 123 Lbs. Non-winners of $60,000 at One Mile or Over since October 1, 2013 allowed 3 Lbs. Non-winners of Three races other than Maiden, Claiming or Starter at One Mile or Over, 6 Lbs. One And One Sixteenth Miles.
PP   Horse   Virtual
Stable   A/S   Med   Jockey   Wgt   Trainer
1   Legacy (KY)              4/F   L   D Van Dyke   117   J W Sadler
2   Moulin de Mougin (KY)   4/F   L   M Garcia           117   R E Mandella
3   Beholder (KY)              4/F   L   G L Stevens     123   R E Mandella
4   Magic Union (KY)      4/F   L   V Espinoza   117   J W Sadler
5   Eblouissante (KY)      5/M   L   M E Smith           117   J A Shirreffs
6   City At Dawn (KY)      4/F   L   J Couton           117   L Powell
7   Irish Presence (KY)      4/F   L   T Baze           117   D Velasquez

Owners: 1 - Jain or Opas or Sinatra ; 2 - Ran Jan Racing, Inc. ; 3 - Spendthrift Farm, LLC ; 4 - Hronis Racing, LLC ; 5 - St. George Farm Racing, LLC ; 6 - La Bahia Stud, Inc. ; 7 - Lofino, Sr. or Zankich

Breeders: 1 - Dr. Lawrence Opas, Dr. John Jain &Dr. Frank Sinatra; 2 - Ran Jan Racing, Inc.; 3 - Clarkland Farm; 4 - George Strawbridge Jr.; 5 - Maverick Productions, Ltd.; 6 - Emory A. Hamilton; 7 - Dash Goff

serenassong

She should be able to get a second at the very least- and you never know what will happen when the gate opens. Beholder could stub her toe, or have a bad day, and Ebby takes over.  Looks like a tune up for both to go onto bigger and better things- probably need a race, anyway.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Man o Taz

It doesn't look like either of their last couple of works have been too sharp.

Eblouissante at least has one race under her belt this year, while Beholder is running her first race.

And Beholder after winning the BC in 2012, was second in her first start returning last year losing to Renee's Titan who chalked up her one and only stakes win in that race.

So perhaps this is the race to catch Beholder for Ebby.

serenassong

:headshake:

Was looking at Beholders record and forgot to pull up Ebby's to see when her last start was.  Should be interesting to say the least.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Man o Taz

Well, Ebby was scratched with a respiratory ailment...

Beholder looked great.

Print
User actions