Kent Desormeaux

Started by stark, June 04, 2016, 04:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

ARCADIA, Calif. – Jockey Kent Desormeaux, who is scheduled to ride Preakness Stakes winner Exaggerator in the Belmont Stakes in New York on June 11, is currently undergoing an alcohol rehabilitation program in Utah, according to a statement released by Santa Anita publicity.

Desormeaux, 46, made the announcement Saturday through his agent, J.R. Pegram.

"It was time to take a sober look at my life and take this step," Desormeaux said in the statement.

http://www.drf.com/news/desormeaux-enters-alcohol-rehab-program-will-ride-belmont

Raven

Again?  this guy can't get his act together
He didn't look that good on tv the last time i'd seen him
Wish him the best of luck!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

stark

Quote from: Raven on June 04, 2016, 05:56:56 PM
Again?  this guy can't get his act together
He didn't look that good on tv the last time i'd seen him
Wish him the best of luck!

Demons last a lifetime!

Dusty

Quote from: stark on June 04, 2016, 06:14:42 PM
Demons last a lifetime!

Yes they do - at least he is trying to get over them
May they run with the wind

Senator L

He knows his problems better than anyone else
I hope it works

stark

Diver52

A lot of talent lost/in jeopardy--P Val, Kent, Chris Antley, Tyler, GoGo. ..wish Kent the best.

TouchOfGrey

"Preakness weekend I celebrated so hard I don't even remember Sunday night. That's when I decided, 'This is too much.' That was in Baltimore," says Kent Desormeaux. "I made a phone call. I said, 'I gotta stop.' Not slow down. I tried that. I've been trying that for 15 years."

NY Daily News | Exaggerator Jockey Opens Up About Rehab After Preakness Partying

Man o Taz

Good for him.

It is a tough step to take. I think we all know family or friends who have been there. And it does not get any easier.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Print
User actions