Del Mar Pacific Classic

Started by stark, July 29, 2016, 10:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman  2h2 hours ago
Dortmund 5f officially in 59.20 as he stays on course for rematch with California Chrome in Pacific Classic #delmar

Steve Andersen ‏@DRFAndersen  4h4 hours ago
Del Mar: California Chrome works 4F in 47.80 http://live.drf.com/nuggets/31208

CA_Chrome

For those interested, I put the video of Chrome's work in my post at the bottom of Page 1.

stark

Workmate Above Board inside DORTZILLA must be pretty good sized himself!
(I think he might be another one of the Baffert $350,000 auction buys that you can have for ten cents on the dollar next time he runs!)

EDIT****OOPS, that really has nothing to do with the Pacific Classic, sorry.
And thanks ZoeMetz for the great pic.

Catalina

What's the two blue bands on his rear legs?  Sensors for a remote system like DeKock said he used on his horses?

Man o Taz

Also interesting that Dortmund does not work with the usual Baffert shadow roll.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

curtis

Quote from: Man o Taz on August 09, 2016, 09:31:24 AM
Also interesting that Dortmund does not work with the usual Baffert shadow roll.
I saw Pharoah train last year at Del Mar and he didn't have one either.  I might be over simplifying it, but there is almost always a pretty heavy marine layer in effect during training hours at Del Mar.  There is rarely a shadow to be had.

stark

DEL MAR, Calif. – After watching Beholder breeze five furlongs in 59 seconds here Wednesday, trainer Richard Mandell said she is likely to start in the $1 million Pacific Classic at Del Mar on Aug. 20.

curtis

Quote from: stark on August 10, 2016, 10:06:28 AM
DEL MAR, Calif. – After watching Beholder breeze five furlongs in 59 seconds here Wednesday, trainer Richard Mandell said she is likely to start in the $1 million Pacific Classic at Del Mar on Aug. 20.
That's is great news!  I'll be landing at San Diego Airport at app. 2:30, that afternoon, and plan to head straight to the track. I hope folks don't throw out her last to inflate her price a bit.

Man o Taz

Quote from: curtis on August 09, 2016, 12:10:40 PM
I saw Pharoah train last year at Del Mar and he didn't have one either.  I might be over simplifying it, but there is almost always a pretty heavy marine layer in effect during training hours at Del Mar.  There is rarely a shadow to be had.

Oh, I never thought Baffert had the horse use them for practical reasons. I always thought they were used so he could see them. Of course, the other issue is that it would be a shame to lose a race or get an injured horse from jumping a shadow.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

CA_Chrome

Chrome reeled off a bullet 5F work in 1:00 1/5 at Los Alamitos this morning: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/214215/chrome-works-in-1-00-1-5

See more Chrome news and interviews here: https://twitter.com/losalracing?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Senator L

read on twitter R. Bejarano will get the mount on Dortmound

Diver52

Flavien, we hardly knew ye.  :-(

The big guy worked on even terms with the very fast Drefong this morning although the latter was given a six furlong time and Dortzilla 7F in 1.24 (faster than Masochistic, FWIW).

CA_Chrome

Article from TwinSpires.com quotes Baffert as saying Hoppertunity and Arrogate will not run in the Pacific Classic. He is only entering Dortmund. http://www.twinspires.com/blog/2016/8/14/california-chrome-dortmund-post-final-moves-pacific-classic

Man o Taz

The field just shrank some more...

Beholder
California Chrome
Dalmore
Dortmund
Hard Aces
War Story
Win The Space

curtis

Is Imperative not in.

Print
User actions