2014 Three Year Olds Returning In 2015

Started by Man o Taz, November 03, 2014, 01:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

Untapable and Tapiture are set to return for 2015 after shipping to Fair Grounds for the winter (per a DRF article that I can't access).

Man o Taz

Excellent news.

I wonder if they'll try Untapable against the men again.

And it will be nice to see if Tapiture can stretch out a bit or, if not, challenge Palace Malice at the 7 furlong, mile distance.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Smmmmokin'! (for a horse that usually is not gangbusters in the morning)

Hoppertunity
Your Comment:

Date: December 15, 2014
Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 47:00 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

Man o Taz

I'll say - is he looking to race next week? Because that's what it looks like. Wow.

I wonder if Bayern and Hoppertunity will ever work together...might break a track record for works...

Have you heard where Mr. Baffert might be pointing him in the Spring?

"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Quote from: Man o Taz on December 16, 2014, 10:26:54 AM
Have you heard where Mr. Baffert might be pointing him in the Spring?

I haven't heard, but I wouldn't be surprised if the San Antonio and/or Big Cap is on the agenda. The San Antonio got a purse hike I think- 500K. I don't recall the purse being that high before, but maybe it was. Hopper has proven to be a decent shipper too, so he could wind up back east (FL) I suppose?

Raven

Off topic..Why there are never breezing works in the west coast?
I can never figure that out!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Senator L

Quote from: Raven on December 16, 2014, 05:46:52 PM
Off topic..Why there are never breezing works in the west coast?
I can never figure that out!

Just the way the clockers do it out there. A horse has to be going awesome
to be considered a breeze

Raven

Quote from: Senator L on December 16, 2014, 08:57:50 PM
Just the way the clockers do it out there. A horse has to be going awesome
to be considered a breeze
Thanks Senator!
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Man o Taz

Quote from: peeptoad on December 16, 2014, 11:23:13 AM
I haven't heard, but I wouldn't be surprised if the San Antonio and/or Big Cap is on the agenda. The San Antonio got a purse hike I think- 500K. I don't recall the purse being that high before, but maybe it was. Hopper has proven to be a decent shipper too, so he could wind up back east (FL) I suppose?

I would think Bayern or Hopp would be in the Donn.

peeptoad

Social Inclusion is back in training at Palm Meadows (per a DRF plus article).

Man o Taz

Wow. I bet they'll  target the Hal's Hope with him. He could be a monster at Gulfstream this Winter if he stays sound. I thought I read he got a new trainer.

I think he would have been ideal for the Haskell - and should have prepped in the Pegasus for it to get his first stakes win.

Maybe he'll try the Iselin or the Salvator Mile there. I still think he'd look the track.

Man o Taz

Quote from: peeptoad on November 06, 2014, 10:28:41 AM
I read something about Top Billing recently that made me think he was on the way back, but just hadn't actually worked yet. I think it was in the recent DRF article about Honor Code.

It seems that both Honor Code and Top Billing are preparing for their 2015 debuts at Gulfstream Park:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/89894/honor-code-top-billing-near-4yo-debuts

Honor Code in the Gulfstream Handicap and Top Billing in an allowance race. 

peeptoad

Quote from: peeptoad on December 11, 2014, 05:03:03 AM
Untapable and Tapiture are set to return for 2015 after shipping to Fair Grounds for the winter (per a DRF article that I can't access).

Untapable goes in the Azeri and Tapiture goes in the Razorback, both at OP.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/velazquez-to-ride-untapable-in-azeri-stakes/

Man o Taz

Great to hear.

I wonder how the older female division looks this year.

Will Beholder return to form?

She's been working up a storm and it will be interesting to see where she is pointed. I would imagine the Santa Margarita stakes, but Paulick Report has the Madison Stakes in April at Keeneland.

Close Hatches and Princess of Sylmar are retired.

And the three year old fillies other than Untapable and Don't Tell Sophia were so so.

So those two will have a claim on it. They could meet in the Apple Blossom.

peeptoad

Azeri S. (Grade II)
Oaklawn Park, March 14, 2015, Race 7
1 1/16mDirt $300,000 Fillies & Mares 4 yo's & up

PP / Horse / Jockey / Wgt / Trainer
1 Untapable (KY) 4/F J R Velazquez 122 S M Asmussen
2 Diva's Diamond (IL) 6/M M C Berry 117 K Broberg
3 Sugar Shock (KY) 4/F C Hill 117 D L Anderson
4 Gold Medal Dancer (KY) 5/M L S Quinonez 117 D K Von Hemel
5 Mufajaah (KY) 4/F E Esquivel 122 D C Peitz
6 Flashy American (KY) 6/M C Landeros 117 K G McPeek

Razorback H. (gr. III)
Oaklawn Park , Saturday, March 14, 2015, Race 8
1 1/16mDirt $250,0004 yo's & up4:57 PM (local)

PP   Horse   Jockey   Weight   Trainer
1   Tapiture (KY)   Ricardo Santana, Jr.   119   Steven M. Asmussen
2   Golden Ticket (KY)   Chris Landeros   115   Kenneth G. McPeek
3   Midnight Hawk (KY)   Victor Espinoza   115   Bob Baffert
4   I Got It All (IL)   Channing Hill   113   Thomas H. Swearingen
5   Race Day (KY)   John R. Velazquez   115   Todd A. Pletcher
6   Carve (KY)   Jesus Lopez Castanon   118   Brad H. Cox
7   Ride On Curlin (KY)   Jon Kenton Court   117   William G. Gowan

Print
User actions