Other G1 Belmont Stakes Day Races Metropolitan Mile, Ogden Phipps, etc

Started by Man o Taz, June 02, 2014, 07:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

G1 METROPOLITAN MILE

I do not see Sahara Sky as a probable for this race...though he just did have a workout last week.

Had hoped to see him this weekend...his works have seemed a little slow, but that just may be his personality - I don't know.

Possible entries include:

Broadway Empire
Capo Bastone
Central Banker
Clearly Now
Declan's Warrior
Goldencents
Moreno
Normandy Invasion
Palace Malice
Shakin It Up

An impressive field. A lot of talent.

Is Palace Malice going to take everything this year?

The G2 New Orleans Handicap (9 furlongs), the G2 Gulfstream Park Handicap (8 furlong), The G3 Westchester (8 furlongs)

G1 OGDEN PHIPPS

50 Shades of Hay
Beholder
Belle Gallantey
Classic Point
Close Hatches
Lunar Surge
Midnight Lucky
My Wandey's Girl
Princess of Sylmar

This could be the race of the day...since anyone of of the big three could take it...or Midnight Lucky...
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Senator L

You forgot about the Manhattan.  :rhrse: one of my all time
favorite traces
Wow, what a day of racing. Pletcher was right about Palice
Malice - said he would just keep getting better and better.
Best older horse in training imo

Man o Taz

You are right. As much as I am partial to Game On Dude, I think Palace Malice is the best older male horse in training.

Beholder after this weekend could make a strong argument if Palace Malice falters at all. Good for Mr. Campbell.

I have not made it through the entire card yet. (SMILE

G1 Manhattan Stakes (10 furlongs)
Admiral Kitten
Amira's Prince
Boisterous
Finnegan's Wake
Five Iron
Frac Daddy
Grandeur
Hey Leroy
Imagining
Kaigun
Little Mike
Real Solution
Rookie Sensation
Seek Again
Sky Ring
Speaking of Which

G1 Acorn Stakes (9 furlongs)
Artemis Agrotera
Aqua Regia
Lady Paradime
La Madrina
Our Amazing Rose
Risk Reallity
She's A Tiger
Sweet Reason
Sweet Whiskey
Vero Amore

G1 Just A Game (1 mile)

Abaco
Better Lucky
Centre Court
Coffee Clique
Dame Marie
Discreet Marq
Flimbi
Hard Not To Like
Ready Signal
Somali Lemonade
Stephanie's Kitten
Strathnaver
Unlimited Budget
Waterway Run
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

serenassong

Frac Daddy won the Eclipse Stakes at Woodbine yesterday, so I assume he is a no go for Saturday.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Mythbusters

Man o Taz

Glad he won, but sorry he won't make the Manhattan. Thanks.

curtis

Quote from: Man o Taz on June 02, 2014, 07:04:38 AM
G1 METROPOLITAN MILE

I do not see Sahara Sky as a probable for this race...though he just did have a workout last week.

Had hoped to see him this weekend...his works have seemed a little slow, but that just may be his personality - I don't know.

Possible entries include:

Broadway Empire
Capo Bastone
Central Banker
Clearly Now
Declan's Warrior
Goldencents
Moreno
Normandy Invasion
Palace Malice
Shakin It Up

An impressive field. A lot of talent.

Is Palace Malice going to take everything this year?

The G2 New Orleans Handicap (9 furlongs), the G2 Gulfstream Park Handicap (8 furlong), The G3 Westchester (8 furlongs)

G1 OGDEN PHIPPS

50 Shades of Hay
Beholder
Belle Gallantey
Classic Point
Close Hatches
Lunar Surge
Midnight Lucky
My Wandey's Girl
Princess of Sylmar

This could be the race of the day...since anyone of of the big three could take it...or Midnight Lucky...

This was from a couple of weeks ago....
http://www.drf.com/news/sahara-sky-will-not-defend-met-mile-crown-due-ulcers

Sorry for those of you that can't read the following (I will not pay the premium either) but it looks to state that Team Dorf is pointing towards the Triple Bend.
http://www.drf.com/news/premium/sahara-sky-bypass-met-mile-favor-triple-bend-stakes

curtis

Quote from: Man o Taz on June 02, 2014, 10:28:33 AM
You are right. As much as I am partial to Game On Dude, I think Palace Malice is the best older male horse in training.

Beholder after this weekend could make a strong argument if Palace Malice falters at all. Good for Mr. Campbell.

I have not made it through the entire card yet. (SMILE

Admiral Kitten
Amira's Prince
Boisterous
Finnegan's Wake
Five Iron
Frac Daddy
Grandeur
Hey Leroy
Imagining
Kaigun
Little Mike
Real Solution
Rookie Sensation
Seek Again
Sky Ring
Speaking of Which

G1 Acorn Stakes (9 furlongs)
Artemis Agrotera
Aqua Regia
Lady Paradime
La Madrina
Our Amazing Rose
Risk Reallity
She's A Tiger
Sweet Reason
Sweet Whiskey
Vero Amore

G1 Just A Game (1 mile)

Abaco
Better Lucky
Centre Court
Coffee Clique
Dame Marie
Discreet Marq
Flimbi
Hard Not To Like
Ready Signal
Somali Lemonade
Stephanie's Kitten
Strathnaver
Unlimited Budget
Waterway Run

Unless there has been a change of which I have not read, the Acorn is a flat mile.

Man o Taz

curtis - you are right...don't know what I was looking at or thought I was looking at...

Admiral Kitten
Amira's Prince
Boisterous
Finnegan's Wake
Five Iron
Frac Daddy
Grandeur
Hey Leroy
Imagining
Kaigun
Little Mike
Real Solution
Rookie Sensation
Seek Again
Sky Ring
Speaking of Which

G1 Acorn Stakes (8 furlongs)
Artemis Agrotera
Aqua Regia
Lady Paradime
La Madrina
Our Amazing Rose
Risk Reallity
She's A Tiger
Sweet Reason
Sweet Whiskey
Vero Amore

G1 Just A Game (1 mile)

Abaco
Better Lucky
Centre Court
Coffee Clique
Dame Marie
Discreet Marq
Flimbi
Hard Not To Like
Ready Signal
Somali Lemonade
Stephanie's Kitten
Strathnaver
Unlimited Budget
Waterway Run

Man o Taz

G2 Wood Stephens Stakes (7 furlongs)

Bayern
Coup De Grace
Embellishing Bob
Good Bye Greg
Havana
Kobe's Back
Social Inclusion
Tonito M
Top Fortitude

Man o Taz

http://www.belmontstakes.com/livestream/

Post position draw taking place now...

Man o Taz

Race 3 - Brooklyn Invitational S. (Grade II)

Purse $500,000. For Four-Year-Olds And Upward. By invitation only with no nomination, entry or starting fees. The purse to be divided as follows $275,000 to the winner, $100,000 to second, $60,000 to third, $30,000 to fourth, $15,000 to fifth and $10,000 to sixth with the remaining $10,000 divided equally amongst the remaining finishers. BROOKLYN BONUS: Any horse that has won a graded sweepstakes at a mile and three sixteenth or longer and wins the Brooklyn Invitational will receive a bonus of $175,000. Weight 123 Lbs. Non-winners of a Gr. I race at a mile or over in 2013-2014 allowed 2 Lbs.; a Gr. II race at a mile or over in 2013-14, 4 Lbs.; a Gr. III race at a mile or over in 2013-14, 6 Lbs.; of a race other than maiden, claiming or starter at a mile or over in 2014,8 Lbs. A trophy will be presented to the winning owner. One And One Half Miles.
PP   Horse   Virtual
Stable   A/S   Med   Jockey   Wgt   Trainer
1   Eriugena (IRE)              4/G   L   M E Smith   117   M J Maker
2   Ground Transport (KY)   4/C   L   J R Velazquez   117   M Stidham
3   Micromanage (KY)      4/C   L   J Castellano   119   T A Pletcher
4   Cat Burglar (KY)      4/C   L   R Napravnik   117   B Baffert
5   Ever Rider (ARG)      6/H   L   V Espinoza   121   M C Munoz
6   Golden Soul (KY)      4/C   L   S Bridgmohan   115   D Stewart
7   Bigger Is Bettor (NY)   6/H   L   A S Arroyo   115   R A Ubillo
8   Norumbega (KY)      4/C   L   J Rosario   115   C R McGaughey III

Owners: 1 - Kenneth L. and Sarah K. Ramsey ; 2 - West Point Thoroughbreds, St. Elias Stable and Get Grounded Stable ; 3 - Repole Stable ; 4 - Petersen, Michael, Lund ; 5 - Ibanez, Alberto ; 6 - Fipke, Charles, E. ; 7 - Chester and Mary Broman, Sr. ; 8 - Janney, III, Stuart, S.

Breeders: 1 - Kevin & Meta Cullen; 2 - River Bend Farm, Inc.; 3 - Fiona Craig & Dermot Cantillon; 4 - Gulf Coast Farms, LLC; 5 - Luis M. Pittaro & San Jose de El SocorroS.A.; 6 - Charles Fipke; 7 - Chester Broman & Mary R. Broman; 8 - Stuart S. Janney, III, LLC.

Looking forward to seeing Ben's Cat in person.

Race 4 - Jaipur Invitational S. (Grade III)

Purse $300,000. For Four- Year- Olds And Upward. By Invitation only with no nomination, entry or starting fees. The purse to be divided as follows $165,000 to the winner, $60,000 to second, $36,000 to third, $18,000 to fourth, $9,000 to fifth, $6,000 to sixthwith the remaining $6,000 to be divided equally amongst the remaining finishers. Weights 124 Lbs. Non-winners of $600,000 in 2013-14 allowed 2 Lbs.; of $60,000 twice in 2013-14, 4 Lbs.; such a race in 2013-14, 6 Lbs.; of two races other than maiden, claiming or starter in 2014, 8 Lbs.; such a race in 2014, 10 Lbs. A trophy will be presented to the winning owner. The New York Racing Association reserves the right to transfer this race to the Main Track. In the event that this race is taken off the turf, dirt allowances will apply and it may be subject to downgrading upon review by the Graded Stakes Committee. Six Furlongs. (Turf)
PP   Horse   Virtual
1   Spring to the Sky (KY)      5/H   L   R Maragh   114   B R Brown
2   Global Power (KY)              6/H   L   J Radosevich   120   A T Quartarolo
3   Marriedtothemusic (NY)      4/C   L   C H Velasquez   120   L Rice
4   Upgrade (KY)                      7/G   L   J Castellano   116   C C Brown
5   Anyriderill Do (KY)              4/C   L   R Napravnik   114   R W Werner
6   Undrafted (KY)                      4/G   L   J R Velazquez   114   W A Ward
7   Non Stop (KY)                      6/G   L   A Lezcano   114   D A Cannizzo
8   Ben's Cat (MD)                      8/G   L   J Pimentel           122   K T Leatherbury
9   Positive Side (KY)              6/G   L   C S Nakatani   114   G T Forster
10   Marchman (KY)                      4/C   L   R Albarado   122   W B Calhoun
11   Salto (IRE)                      6/H   L   I Ortiz, Jr.     114   T A Pletcher

Owners: 1 - McCarthy, Anthony, P. ; 2 - Loooch Racing Stable, Inc. ; 3 - DutchessViews Farm ; 4 - Dubb, Michael, Bethlehem Stables LLC and Aisquith, Gary ; 5 - Lael Stables ; 6 - Welker, Wes ; 7 - Good Karma Stables ; 8 - Leatherbury, King, T. ; 9 - Team Forster ; 10 - Martin Racing Stable LLC ; 11 - Wertheimer and Frere

Breeders: 1 - Phillips Racing Partnership; 2 - Hidden Creek Farm; 3 - Dutchess Views Farm; 4 - Mike Anderson Thoroughbreds LLC; 5 - Rose Hill Farm, Ralph Stroope &Don Stroope; 6 - Catesby W. Clay Investment LLC; 7 - Robert E. Masterson; 8 - K. T. Leatherbury Assoc. Inc.; 9 - John R. Penn & Bobby Keller; 10 - Lynn Jones & Kathy Jones; 11 - Wertheimer et Frere

Really glad to see Bayern again. I hope he, Havana, Spot and Social Inclusion dead heat.

Big field.

Race 5 - Woody Stephens S. (Grade II)

Purse $500,000. For Three Year Olds. By subscription of $500 each which should accompany the nomination. $3,000 to pass the entry box and an additional $4,500 to start. For horses not originally nominated, a supplemental payment of $10,000 along with the entry and starting fees may be made at any time prior to the closing of entries. The purse will be divided as follows $275,000 to the winner, $100,000 to second, $60,000 to third, $30,000 to fourth, $15,000 to fifth, $10,000 to sixth with the remaining $10,000 divided equally amongst remaining finishers. 123 Lbs. Non-winners of a Graded Sweepstake in 2013-14 allowed 2 Lbs.; of a sweepstake, 4 Lbs.; of two races other than maiden,claiming or starter, 6 Lbs.; such a race, 8 Lbs. This field will be limited to 14 starters.High Weights Preferred. Ties will be broken by total 2013-14 earnings. (Maiden, claiming, starter or restricted allowance races not considered in allowances). A Trophy will be presented to the winning owner. Closed Saturday, May 24, 2014 with 28 Nominatioons. Seven Furlongs.
PP   Horse   Virtual
1   Bayern (KY)       3/C   L   G L Stevens   117   B Baffert
2   Financial Mogul (KY)    3/C   L   J L Ortiz   115   R A Violette, Jr.
3   Havana (KY)       3/C   L   J R Velazquez   123   T A Pletcher
4   Meadowood (KY)    3/C   L   R Napravnik   121   D S Ryan
5   Coup de Grace (KY)    3/C   L   J Castellano   123   C C Brown
6   Embellishing Bob (KY) 3/C   L   J Lezcano   123   S Margolis
7   Tonito M. (KY)       3/C   L   C S Nakatani   123   J Hollendorfer
8   Favorite Tale (PA)    3/G   L   J L Flores   121   G Preciado
9   Spot (KY)               3/G   L   L Saez   123   N P Zito
10   Kobe's Back (KY)    3/C   L   J Rosario   123   J W Sadler
11   Social Inclusion (KY)    3/C   L   I Ortiz, Jr.   117   M J Azpurua
12   Top Fortitude (AZ)    3/C   L   M E Smith   123   R K Owens
13   Pure Sensation (FL)    3/C   L   C H Velasquez   115   C Clement

Owners: 1 - Kaleem Shah, Inc. ; 2 - Klaravich Stables, Inc. and Lawrence, William H. ; 3 - Magnier, Mrs. John, Tabor, Michael and Smith, Derrick ; 4 - Stonestreet Stables and Bolton, George ; 5 - Fox Hill Farms, Inc. ; 6 - Cherry, Martin, L. ; 7 - M. Racing Group ; 8 - PJG Stable ; 9 - Moss, Joseph, H. ; 10 - Searing, Susan ; 11 - Rontos Racing Stable Corp. ; 12 - Triple AAA Ranch ; 13 - Generazio, Patricia, A.

Breeders: 1 - Helen Alexander; 2 - Atlas Farm et al; 3 - Harvey A. Clarke Racing Stable LLC; 4 - Scott Dilworth; 5 - AGS Thoroughbreds Ltd.; 6 - Martin Cherry; 7 - Hilbert Thoroughbreds, Inc. & MenardThoroughbreds, Inc.; 8 - Paul Conaway; 9 - Curtis C. Green; 10 - Joanne R. Mummert; 11 - Robert Tillyer, Martin Keogh & Dr. ChetBlackey; 12 - Triple AAA Ranch; 13 - Patricia Generazio

Equipment Changes: 1 - Bayern - Blinkers On;2 - Financial Mogul - Blinkers On

Too bad Untapable did not decide to run here.

Race 6 - TVG Acorn S. (Grade I)

Purse $750,000. For Fillies Three Years Old. By subscription of $750 which should accompany the nomination. $5,000 to pass the entry box and an additional $6,250 to start. For horses not originally nominated, a supplemental payment of $11,250 along with the entry and starting fees may be made at any time prior to the closing of entries.The purse to be divided as follows $400,000 to the winner, $140,000 to second, $75,000 to third, $50,000 to fourth, $30,000 to fifth and $22,500 to sixth, $17,500 to seventh and $15,000 to eighth. 123 Lbs. Non-winners of $500,000 allowed 2 Lbs.; of a Graded Sweepstake, 4 Lbs.; of two races at a mile or over other than maiden, claiming or starter, 6 Lbs.; such a race at a mile or over, 8 Lbs. Trophies will be presented to the winning owner, trainer and jockey. Closed Saturday, May 24, 2014 with 25 Nominations. One Mile.
PP   Horse   Virtual
1   Fashion Plate (KY)      3/F   L   G L Stevens 121   S Callaghan
2   House Rules (KY)      3/F   L   A O Solis   115   H A Jerkens
3   Fiftyshadesofgold (TX)   3/F   L   M E Smith   121   W B Calhoun
4   Sweet Whiskey (KY)      3/F   L   J R Velazquez   121   T A Pletcher
5   Sweet Reason (KY)      3/F   L   I Ortiz, Jr.   121   L Gyarmati
6   Tiz So Sweet (KY)      3/F   L   J Alvarado 117   W I Mott
7   Unbridled Forever (KY)   3/F   L   J Rosario   117   D Stewart
8   My Miss Sophia (KY)      3/F   L   J Castellano 121   T A Pletcher
9   Artemis Agrotera (NY)   3/F   L   J L Ortiz   121   M E Hushion
10   Lady Paradime (KY)      3/F   L   R Maragh   119   K J Breen
11   Risque Reality (VA)      3/F   L   C H Velasquez   115   P D Pugh
12   Vero Amore (KY)      3/F   L   F Pennington   115   R E Reid, Jr.
13   Euphrosyne (KY)      3/F   L   R Napravnik   121   S M Asmussen

Owners: 1 - Zetcher, Arnold and Tabor, Michael B. ; 2 - Shields, Jr., Joseph, V. ; 3 - Scharbauer, Douglas ; 4 - Alto Racing, LLC ; 5 - Treadway Racing Stable ; 6 - Kinsman Stable ; 7 - Fipke, Charles, E. ; 8 - Mathis Stable LLC ; 9 - Chester and Mary Broman, Sr. ; 10 - Three Crowns Farm ; 11 - Late Night Stables LLC ; 12 - Swilcan Stables ; 13 - Campbell, Gillian S., Stayer, Ralph, Stayer, Shelly, Clark, Dan and Skoda, Greg

Breeders: 1 - Springland Farm & Fox Hill Farms, Inc; 2 - El Catorce Inc. & Winstar Farm, LLC; 3 - Clarence Scharbauer Jr.; 4 - Machmer Hall; 5 - Brent Harris, Beth Harris & Darley; 6 - Kinsman Farm; 7 - Charles Fipke; 8 - John D. Gunther; 9 - Chester Broman & Mary R. Broman; 10 - Three Crowns Farm; 11 - Estate of Edward P. Evans; 12 - Robert V. LaPenta; 13 - WinStar Farm, LLC

This could really be the race of the day...

This looks more like a Beldame field than and Ogden Phipps field.

I'll be cheering for them all.

Race 7 - Ogden Phipps S. (Grade I)

Purse $1,000,000. For Fillies And Mares Four- Year- Olds And Upward. One And One Sixteenth Miles.
PP   Horse   Virtual
1   Close Hatches (KY)      4/F   L   J Rosario           123   W I Mott
2   Antipathy (KY)              4/F   L   I Ortiz, Jr.           115   K P McLaughlin
3   Belle Gallantey (KY)      5/M   L   J L Ortiz           115   R R Rodriguez
4   Classic Point (FL)      5/M   L   A O Solis           115   H A Jerkens
5   Beholder (KY)              4/F   L   G L Stevens   123   R E Mandella
6   Princess of Sylmar (PA)   4/F   L   J Castellano   123   T A Pletcher

Owners: 1 - Juddmonte Farms, Inc. ; 2 - Godolphin Racing LLC ; 3 - Dubb, Michael, Bethlehem Stables LLC and Aisquith, Gary ; 4 - Shields, Jr., Joseph, V. ; 5 - Spendthrift Farm LLC ; 6 - King of Prussia Stable

Breeders: 1 - Millsec, LTD.; 2 - Darley; 3 - Pam and Martin Wygod; 4 - J. V. Shields Jr.; 5 - Clarkland Farm; 6 - Ed Stanco

Will be cheering for Somali Lemonade, Discreet Marq and Unlimited Budget

Race 8 - Longines Just a Game S. (Grade I)

Purse $750,000. For Fillies And Mares Four- Year- Olds And Upward. One Mile. (Turf)
PP   Horse   Virtual
1   Ready Signal (KY)      5/M   L   E S Prado   113   A Tarrant
2   Strathnaver (GB)      5/M   L   M E Smith   117   H G Motion
3   Dame Marie (KY)      5/M   L   J L Ortiz   113   E Kenneally
4   Somali Lemonade (KY)   5/M   L   L Saez   117   M R Matz
5   Coffee Clique (KY)      4/F   L   J Castellano 121   B A Lynch
6   Stephanie's Kitten (KY)   5/M   L   J R Velazquez 123   C C Brown
7   Unlimited Budget (FL)   4/F   L   R Napravnik 121   T A Pletcher
8   Waterway Run (PA)      4/F   L   J Lezcano   115   C C Brown
9   Discreet Marq (NY)      4/F   L   I Ortiz, Jr.   121   C Clement
10   Better Lucky (KY)      5/M   L   J Rosario   121   T Albertrani

Owners: 1 - Tarrant, Amy ; 2 - Stone, Andrew ; 3 - Lally Stable ; 4 - Forgason, Caroline, A. ; 5 - Amerman Racing LLC ; 6 - Kenneth L. and Sarah K. Ramsey ; 7 - Repole Stable ; 8 - Schwartz, Martin, S. ; 9 - Generazio, Patricia, A. ; 10 - Godolphin Racing LLC

Breeders: 1 - Gulf Coast Farms, LLC; 2 - Mrs C. R. Philipson & Mrs H. G.Lascelles; 3 - Ben Sangster; 4 - Cina Forgason; 5 - Mrs. Jerry Amerman; 6 - Kenneth L. Ramsey & Sarah K. Ramsey; 7 - Ocala Stud; 8 - Dorothy A. Matz; 9 - Patricia Generazio; 10 - Darley

Great to see Vyjack. It will be interesting to see if Shakin It Up can travel, and if Normandy Invasion can win his first stakes race...or if Palace Malice is the bear he seems to be. As much as PM has been eating up the tracks this year, this would be only his second career G1 win.

Race 9 - Metropolitan H. (Grade I)

Purse $1,250,000. A Handicap For Three Year Olds And Upward. One Mile.
PP   Horse   Virtual
1   Palace Malice (KY)      4/C   L   J R Velazquez   124   T A Pletcher
2   Vyjack (KY)              4/G   L   I Ortiz, Jr.           116   R R Rodriguez
3   Scarly Charly (KY)      5/G   L   M Franco           110   M E Hushion
4   Goldencents (KY)      4/C   L   M E Smith           121   D F O'Neill
5   Moreno (KY)              4/G   L   J Rosario           118   E J Guillot
6   Central Banker (KY)      4/C   L   C S Nakatani   119   A M Stall, Jr.
7   Capo Bastone (KY)      4/C   L   V Espinoza   115   T A Pletcher
8   Declan's Warrior (KY)   4/C   L   J Bravo           114   N P Zito
9   Normandy Invasion (KY)   4/C   L   J Castellano   116   C C Brown
10   Clearly Now (KY)      4/C   L   J Lezcano           117   B A Lynch
11   Broadway Empire (KY)   4/G   L   S A Stevens   115   R Diodoro
12   Romansh (KY)              4/C   L   J L Ortiz           115   T Albertrani
13   Shakin It Up (KY)      4/C   L   R Napravnik   120   B Baffert

Owners: 1 - Dogwood Stable ; 2 - Pick Six Racing (David Wilkenfeld) ; 3 - Silver Ranch Stable and Wachtel Stable ; 4 - W. C. Racing ; 5 - Southern Equine Stable LLC ; 6 - Klaravich Stables, Inc. and Lawrence, William H. ; 7 - Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners ; 8 - Lucky Shamrock Stable ; 9 - Fox Hill Farms, Inc. ; 10 - Up Hill Stable ; 11 - Howg, Randy, Butz, Bob, El Kardy, Fouad and Running Rabbit, Rick ; 12 - Godolphin Racing LLC ; 13 - Cardoza, Dennis A. and Pegram, Michael E.

Breeders: 1 - W. S. Farish; 2 - Machmer Hall; 3 - Budget Stable; 4 - Rosecrest Farm & Karyn Pirrello; 5 - Southern Equine Stables, LLC; 6 - WinStar Farm, LLC; 7 - Hargus Sexton, Sandra Sexton, TomBozarth & Silver Fern Farm, LLC; 8 - Lucky Shamrock Escrow; 9 - Betz/Kidder/Gainesway/Graves/D.J.Stable/Cole; 10 - Claiborne Farm; 11 - Mercedes Stables LLC; 12 - Darley & Lynn B. Schiff; 13 - Michael E. Pegram

Sad not to see Little Mike...

Race 10 - Knob Creek Manhattan S. (Grade I)

Purse $1,000,000. For Four- Year- Olds And Upward. One And One Fourth Miles. (Turf)
PP   Horse   Virtual
1   Imagining (KY)              6/H   L   J R Velazquez   122   C R McGaughey III
2   Hey Leroy (KY)              4/G   L   A O Solis           116   M J Azpurua
3   Rookie Sensation (KY)   4/C   L   M E Smith           116   J A Shirreffs
4   Grandeur (IRE)              5/G   L1   G L Stevens   122   J Noseda
5   Boisterous (KY)      7/H   L   C S Nakatani   122   T A Pletcher
6   Seek Again (KY)      4/C   L   J Rosario           118   W I Mott
7   Five Iron (KY)              4/C   L   L Saez           118   B A Lynch
8   Real Solution (PA)      5/H   L   J Castellano   122   C C Brown
9   Kaigun (ON)              4/G   L   A Garcia           114   M E Casse
10   Chamois (KY)              4/C   L   J Bravo           114   C Clement

Owners: 1 - Phipps Stable ; 2 - Rontos Racing Stable Corp. ; 3 - Stronach Stables ; 4 - Jacques, Yvonne ; 5 - Barber, Gary ; 6 - Juddmonte Farms, Inc. ; 7 - Allor, Fred, M. ; 8 - Kenneth L. and Sarah K. Ramsey ; 9 - Barber, Gary, Swartz, Harvey A. and Casse, Tina ; 10 - Jon and Sarah Kelly

Breeders: 1 - Phipps Stable; 2 - Spruce Lane Farm; 3 - Adena Springs; 4 - Mrs Cherry Faeste; 5 - Cynthia Phipps; 6 - Juddmonte Farms Inc; 7 - Frederick Michael Allor; 8 - Kenneth L. Ramsey & Sarah K. Ramsey; 9 - William Sorokolit Racing Stable Inc.; 10 - Jon Kelly & Sarah Kelly

peeptoad

Im out of the country so cant bet but i think palace malice prob. Smokes the met mile field. Romansh or declans warrior might be good prices underneath. Shakin it up and normandy also look good. Shoulx be a great race. I like grandeur in the manhattan. Hey leroy would be my price horse.
Good luck and hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Man o Taz

Quote from: Man o Taz on June 03, 2014, 12:55:32 PM
G2 Wood Stephens Stakes (7 furlongs)

Bayern
Coup De Grace
Embellishing Bob
Good Bye Greg
Havana
Kobe's Back
Social Inclusion
Tonito M
Top Fortitude

Kudos to Bayern.

I did not really have a chance to see Social Inclusion too much to see whether he was washed out again before the race.

He managed another third place finish.

Wonder what they'll do with him next - Haskell or Jim Dandy.

I think the Haskell and Monmouth Park are probably more to his liking.

Or perhaps they focus on the Amsterdam.

Quote from: peeptoad on June 07, 2014, 01:36:18 PM
Im out of the country so cant bet but i think palace malice prob. Smokes the met mile field. Romansh or declans warrior might be good prices underneath. Shakin it up and normandy also look good. Shoulx be a great race. I like grandeur in the manhattan. Hey leroy would be my price horse.
Good luck and hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Hope you are somewhere fun.

You nailed it with Palace Malice.

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/11048471/palace-malice-brilliant-met-mile

His finish was extraordinary with Goldencents and Romansh following.

I had hoped Normandy Invasion and Moreno would do better. 

I can't wait for he and Game On Dude to meet again.

Real Solution stepped up for the Manhattan.

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/11048935/2014-manhattan-recap

And Close Hatches edged out Princess of Sylmar with Beholder finishing fourth.

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/11048124/versatile-close-hatches-claims-ogden-phipps

The Tin Man

I grabbed 5 horses in The Woody Stephens ... that ended up comprising the Superfecta ... but unfortunately used them in a Pick 3, that I subsequently lost ...

Sure could have used that Super payout, I often play Supers too ... So I was really kicking myself after that ... Oh so often, it's not missing the horses I pick that gets me ... but placing the wrong type of bet ... Ugh!  :(

Man o Taz

Quote from: The Tin Man on June 09, 2014, 07:59:59 AM
I grabbed 5 horses in The Woody Stephens ... that ended up comprising the Superfecta ... but unfortunately used them in a Pick 3, that I subsequently lost ...

Sure could have used that Super payout, I often play Supers too ... So I was really kicking myself after that ... Oh so often, it's not missing the horses I pick that gets me ... but placing the wrong type of bet ... Ugh!  :(

That is why as rarely as I bet I always put in the extra money to box them...

Of course, this is why I win the $18 exacta on a $24 bet in the Preakness and the lines are so long I decide to wait until next year to cash.

And then when I pick the exactas for the Derby and the Belmont I fail to bet them when I could have won some real money. DOH.

Print
User actions