Arlington Million day

Started by peeptoad, August 09, 2016, 09:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

...okay let's get some threads up for races other than those occurring on the west coast.  ;)

Arlington Million looks to be shaping up nicely, except for Big Blue Kitten missing the race. Brown also reports Takeover Target will only run if it rains.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/214008/big-blue-kitten-to-miss-arlington-million

pre-entries for the Million, Bev. D, St Leger, and Secretariat: http://www.twinspires.com/blog/2016/8/6/pre-entries-released-arlington-million-beverly-d-secretariat-american-st-leger

Senator L

The Pizza Man hasn't hit the board in 3 tries this year. I think he has lost a step
For the most part it is always a good betting race.
Too bad it isn't on national t.v. anymore though

Senator L

The Beverly D is a nice race too  :chickendance:

peeptoad

Most of them are nice races... they got some excellent fields. 14 for the Pucker Up, 13 for the Million, 14 for the Bev D, 11 for the St Leger, and a paltry 9 for the Sec. but that's still better than you see often at NYRA or DMR for the graded races. The listed on the AW even got double digit entries. Should be a good day...

Senator L

I'm leaning toward the #9 in the Beverly D. Should get an uncontested lead. The only other
speeds are the #7 coming off a year layoff and the #10 who was up front in her last (same trainer)
Sea Calisi is a nice filly but 7/5 ml meh. She was 4/5 in her last and her 9/2 stablemate beat her
I think Zipessa wires them  :chickendance:

peeptoad

I haven't even looked at the pps yet, but I agree on Sea Calisi. As soon as I saw her odds and her post I knew I'd be playing against her. She can beat me; I'll likely side with another as well...

:chickendance:

BaroqueAgain1

It looks like some great racing, but I haven't found any way (besides throwing a ton of money and/or hours of aggravation at upgrading my DirecTV package or changing satellite carrier?) to watch the Arlington card.
   It's disappointing, because these races often show who are the best turf horses in the country. IIRC, in years past Chicago's WGN would carry them, but my schedule indicates no racing Saturday afternoon.  :(
     grumblegrumblegrumble

Senator L

Is this an option?
about $9 a month

http://www.tvg2.com/

BaroqueAgain1

Thanks, but anything that relies on a strong internet connection in order to stream races live is not really an option for me unless I double the $$ I pay ATM for an upgrade to my internet speed.
And watching anything on my modestly-sized computer monitor isn't quite as nice as watching on my 42" hi-def TV, while sitting in my over-stuffed rocker/recliner. ;P

Senator L

I thought you could plug in your computer to your tv with an HDMI cable and watch it on your tv

peeptoad

You can as long as everything is compatible... maybe Baroque doesn't have compatible lap top?
I just replaced my 11-year old Mac lap top that was not compatible with my TV for this reason (the lap top was running flawlessly; I just couldn't update any of the software due to its age- gotta love Macs!). Now I plug in and can watch TVG for free on the big screen and I ditched my cable provider.

= $100/ month extra that I can gamble away!  :chickendance:

Man o Taz

Or maybe Baroque is like me and does not have an HDMI compatible TV. :-)
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

I'm probably only betting the Million and Bev D, but there are some price horses to like on this card...

In the Bev D I'm going with Al's Gal as my (very tepid) top pick. I was set to hammer her in the lesser race at the Spa last weekend and they scratched, opting for this tougher race. I don't like her quite as much here, but she isn't too far off the top runner here, and that one has a bad post. Als Gal has enough speed to be forwardly place from the 2-hole and is proven at the distance (and longer). In a race without much pace on paper I'm hoping she can stalk the 9, who should be the pace (but is unproven going long) and have enough left to hold off the closers, the best of which will be hung wide in all likelihood (namely Sea Calisi and Faufiler, who I also like here).
So #2- WPS and I might box the 2, 12, 13 for the exacta.

In the Million I'm taking a chance with #8 Decorated Knight. He's a less highly-regarded Euro, which means he'll probably get overlooked at the windows, the jock is riding great at this track, he's proven at 10F, has a better post than the chalk horses to the outside, and the trainer said they came here looking for firmer ground (which they'll get since the rain mainly bypassed AP somehow). At 10/1 ML I hope his price drifts. I also like Mondialiste although I'm a little concerned about 10 panels for him. He should handle the course and be closing late.
#8 Decorated Knight- WPS, exacta: 8,9/6-11

good luck!  :chickendance:

peeptoad

Son of a b*tch:

http://live.drf.com/nuggets/31374

...need to look at the Million all over again.

peeptoad

Alright, so Decorated Knight is out. I'm playing #9 Mondialiste WP at 6/1 or better. Win only at 5/1 or less. Exacta box: 6,7,9,11

good luck

Print
User actions