**ANOTHER AWARD OPPORTUNITY FOR AMERICAN PHAROAH
PLEASE VOTE.....

http://www.secretariat.com/fan-club/vox-populi-award/

Online voting is now open for the sixth annual winner of
The Secretariat Vox Populi Award.
Created by Secretariat's owner Penny Chenery,
The Vox Populi, or "Voice of the People," Award recognizes the racehorse
whose popularity and racing excellence best resounded with the public
and gained recognition for the sport during the past year.
"No matter what may come ~
    Face the Music ... and ... Dance"

Raven

Shared Belief?
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Man o Taz

Voting is closed there, but I sent them an e-mail regarding Shared Belief.

As much as I love American Pharoah and even Honor Code, I believe this year the award should go to Shared Belief as you suggest.

He has always been a fan favorite. A horse I have loved since I first read about him and then got to see him in person at 2.

He is a champion in every sense of the word.

We have been witnesses first hand to his greatness and the saddest thought of all is that we will be unable to witness just how great he might have been. He could have been another John Henry or better. This is just how talented he was.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

TIGER DANCER

**AMERICAN PHAROAH WINS.....  Vox Populi Award.

American Pharoah wins Vox Populi Award
....By Matt Hegarty

Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup Classic winner American Pharoah
was an overwhelming choice to win the Vox Populi Award.

American Pharoah, the first Triple Crown winner since 1978, was the overwhelming choice of voters in this year's Vox Populi Award, which was established five years ago by Penny Chenery, the owner of the late Secretariat, to honor the "horse whose popularity and racing excellence best resounded with the American public and gained recognition for Thoroughbred racing."

According to the administrators of the award, voters selected American Pharoah for the award in the "largest margin of victory in the award's existence." American Pharoah's 2015 campaign led to significant gains in television ratings for the races in which he ran, and he was the feature of several major magazine cover articles after he won the Belmont to clinch the Triple Crown.

"American Pharoah's 2015 racing campaign was a true gift to the fans inside and outside the sport who have been waiting so long for their next Triple Crown champion," said Chenery, in a release announcing the award. "In his efforts, we were able to once again witness greatness, and we were reminded that excellence can still be achieved. This racing hero has inspired a whole new generation of young fans, which I find most exciting for the future of the Thoroughbred racing."

While fans are able to vote for a winner from a slate of candidates, the winner is determined by a panel headed by Chenery which uses the voting results as a guiding factor.

Previous winners have been California Chrome (2014), Mucho Macho Man (2013), Paynter (2012), Rapid Redux (2011), and Zenyatta (2010). Paynter was owned by Zayat Stables, the owner of American Pharoah.

"No matter what may come ~
    Face the Music ... and ... Dance"

Print
User actions