2015 Breeders Cup Classic

Started by Man o Taz, September 16, 2015, 10:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curtis

Quote from: peeptoad on October 29, 2015, 10:29:43 AM
Beholder's out... Pharaoh's job is getting easier by the minute. I like Frosted for the win, then Pharoah and then Tonalist or Keen Ice.
I don't think Smooth Roller will be able to hang this time around and Honor Code will get no pace. Any of the rest would be a shocker.
I think for Frosted to win, Pharoah needs to be compromised by the trip, e.g. Smooth Roller will duel with him.  Espinoza needs, in my opinion, to have a good plan going in as he's not a good rider when he has to improvise.  I think if Smooth Roller gets the early lead he's gonna have to want it not just take it if it is handed to him.  At any rate it won't benefit either Smooth Roller or Pharoah to get into a tight quartered macho match such as what transpired in the Travers with Frosted and Pharoah.  I think the pace will be moderate and thus I like Pharoah the most while giving Tonalist a puncher's chance.  I like Frosted and Honor Code--who I think will get by a tiring Smooth Roller and will have too much kick for Keen Ice--to round out the Super.

peeptoad

I agree to an extent and I think Pharoah is the most likely winner, but at a far better price I would take a chance with Frosted. I do have only moderate confidence that Frosted can outright win to be honest and I agree the likely pace won't be to his benefit.

Raven

Imo, Honor Code will get the job done, big time.  with Frosted second.
But that's just me.
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

Raven

Quote from: Raven on October 30, 2015, 07:27:31 PM
Imo, Honor Code will get the job done, big time.  with Frosted second.
But that's just me.
I stink!  BIG TIME
call no man happy till he dies. ~SOLON~

peeptoad

me too!

Man o Taz

Well, he went out on top.

The fans loved it. I would have liked Honor Code to get a bit closer, but he still got third.

Was the track playing fairly? I heard that Honor Code was the only horse to be able to close against the pace setters on both BC days. Is that true?
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Print
User actions