Super Sunday At Monmouth Park

Started by Man o Taz, July 03, 2014, 07:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man o Taz

Monmouth Park has some good races this weekend - one of their two biggest races days of the year. 
http://www.drf.com/news/united-nations-salvator-mile-fields-shaping

G1 United Nations Handicap, 13 furlongs on the turf

Side Glance (Andrew Balding)
Real Solution (Chad Brown)
Charming Kitten (Todd Pletcher)
Irish Mission (Cristophe Clement)
Winning Cause (Pletcher)
Exclusive Strike (Jason Servis)
Kaigun (Mark Casse)
Main Sequence (Graham Motion)
Lochte (Marcus Vitali)
Tricky Hat (Shug McGaughey)

G2 Salvator Mile on the dirt

Itsmyluckyday
Last Gunfighter
Vegas No Show
Raging Daoust
Valid

I think the small field is likely due to the proximity to the Met Mile which had a large field, and not that Itsmyluckyday has frightened anyone off.

Perhaps Normandy Invasion should have been pointed here instead of the Met Mile...but as they say hindsight is 20/20.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

Well, what a day of racing yesterday.

I think Itsmyluckyday will be heading to the Whitney Stakes after his impressive win in the Salvator Mile.

Some will say the field was not much, but I think it was a decent field:

Itsmyluckday
Valid
Bradester
Don Dulce
Code West
Raging Daoust
Dawly
Sailor's Revenge
Elnaawi

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86041/itsmyluckyday-draws-clear-in-salvator-mile

And the UN Handicap also boasted a more impressive field with:

Main Sequence (who finished second last year to Camelot in the G1 Epsom Derby and second to Mukhadram, winner of the G1 Coral Eclipse at Sandown, in the G3 Brigadier Gerard Stakes)
Twilight Eclipse (multiple graded stakes winner)
Side Glance with Jamie Spencer up (who ran at Royal Ascot this year in the G1 Queen Anne, finished third to Frankel in the Queene Anne Stakes in 2011, and ran 4th to African story in this year's G1 Dubai World Cup)
Winning Cause
Kaigun (second to Real Solution in the G1 Manhattan)
Ghurair with Gary Stevens up
Charming Kitten
Exclusive Strike
Manchurian High

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZM15hFWeXk&feature=youtube_gdata
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

peeptoad

Quote from: Man o Taz on July 07, 2014, 07:09:34 AM
Well, what a day of racing yesterday.

I think Itsmyluckyday will be heading to the Whitney Stakes after his impressive win in the Salvator Mile.

Per the connections (and DRF) he goes in the G2 Monmouth S on the Haskell undercard. A good showing there and I hope to see him at the Woodward closing weekend at the Spa (and that's my hope- I have no idea what the connections are thinking).

Man o Taz

Thanks.

I'll be there for the Haskell, the Whitney and the Woodward.

Still trying to find his Beyer for the Salvator Mile. 

Senator L

102 bsf...and coming into his own :OMG:

peeptoad

Quote from: Senator L on July 07, 2014, 04:55:42 PM
102 bsf...and coming into his own :OMG:

Nice!

Man o Taz

Thanks. Yes - I think he has gotten back to his form post-Preakness last year.

Hope to have pics later this week.

Print
User actions