FREE Daily Contest Race @ DelMar

Started by stark, July 16, 2016, 01:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stark

https://www.dmtc.com/contest

Easy to sign up.
Absolutely FREE.
One race per day, usually the feature race.
$100 bankroll daily, bet W-P-S however you want.
No penalties if you miss a day (like the showvivor contests)
Brisnet PPs plus analysis provided from Ellis Starr and Frank Scatoni

Grand Prizes:
The top TWO finishers will receive entry into the 2017 $2.5 million National Handicapping Championship (NHC) and a $1,000 travel and hotel stipend. Plus, prizes to the top 50 finishers!

FWIW I went with $100 to win on Her Emmency in today's Yellow Ribbon Stakes.

stark

PP's  https://www.dmtc.com/data/pdf/racing/past-performances/1008.pdf

1   Ashleyluvssugar (CA)      5/G   L   G L Stevens   120   P Eurton   6/1   N/A
2   Flamboyant (FR)      5/G   L   F Prat   122   P Gallagher   9/2   N/A
3   Texas Ryano (KY)      5/H   L   J Talamo   120   C Gaines   15/1   N/A
4   Si Sage (FR)      6/H   L   V Espinoza   122   J M Cassidy   12/1   N/A
5   Midnight Storm (KY)      5/H   L   R Bejarano   124   P D'Amato   5/2   N/A
6   Finnegans Wake (KY)      7/H   L   T Baze   122   P Miller   6/1   N/A
7   Ohio (BRZ)      5/H   L   B Blanc   120   P H Lobo   8/1   N/A
8   Patentar (FR)      5/H   L   A Quinonez   120   S Callaghan   20/1   N/A
9   Bolo (KY)      4/C   L   M E Smith   122   C Gaines   3/1   N/A

Seems like a solid case can be made for each and every entrant in this race.

OHIO is tempting but I think he'll get severely bet down off that 8/1 morning line.  Wish Stevens was still riding him but as I recall he was out of town and Blanc picked up the mount and hung on to it.  So Gary winds up on the rail horse ASHLEY with an excellent chance 2nd back off the long layoff, will have to watch the toteboard as I wouldn't want him at 3/1 half of his morning line, and that could happen.

For contest purposes I must overlook the obvious ML favorite MIDNIGHT as well as BOLO who is stuck way outside.  Which brings me to my pick.....in these DelMar route races on turf that start out of the chute, wrongly or rightly I give a few bonus points to posts 1-2-3, they just seem to have less trouble before that first quick turn.  #3 TEXAS RYANO has been beaten by some here but I'm hoping that he runs the best race of his life today, 2nd off the bench for Carla Gaines with Joe Talamo up, 15/1 is waaay too high of a price for a horse I think will be in the thick of things turning for home, then this race is all about who gets the best trip, not necessarily who has the best PPs.

Dusty

I will go with Si Sage in this one - Good luck!
May they run with the wind

stark

Quote from: stark on July 16, 2016, 01:22:12 PM
https://www.dmtc.com/contest

Easy to sign up.
Absolutely FREE.
One race per day, usually the feature race.
$100 bankroll daily, bet W-P-S however you want.
No penalties if you miss a day (like the showvivor contests)
Brisnet PPs plus analysis provided from Ellis Starr and Frank Scatoni

Grand Prizes:

The top TWO finishers will receive entry into the 2017 $2.5 million National Handicapping Championship (NHC) and a $1,000 travel and hotel stipend. Plus, prizes to the top 50 finishers!

Over 4,400 entries and we're down to the last two races, starting with the Del Mar Derby on Sunday.
Are you one of the top ten nearing the wire?
I'm cheering for you to finish a nice solid 2nd ;)

1   socaltacD   30   $4,695.00
2   taxman   36   $4,360.00
3   marmstro   34   $4,344.50
4   Lurker   35   $4,344.00
5   boozer44   23   $4,290.00
6   Lin99   35   $4,170.00
7   flabordo   28   $4,160.00
8   catwoma   33   $4,120.00
9   jackfro   35   $4,085.00
10   luciida   34   $4,080.00

Catalina

Sadly, no such luck at Delmar this year.  If anything, the opposite.  If I were to pick, say, 4 horses to split that mythical $100 between, you could - probably nine times out of ten - safely eliminate those four from your win/show considerations.  And it's been that way for this entire Delmar contest, as well as the previous one.  I'm beginning to wonder whether my mind is still stuck on polytrack

Now, having gotten that off my chest, I will go and make a selection and - once again - hope for better luck.

stark

Needed to be in the top two for Grand Prizes, will have to settle for a consolation prize, finished about 5th overall out of 4300 entries, not bad, had enough woulda coulda shoulda stories to last until next year!

Senator L

Quote from: stark on September 05, 2016, 05:46:44 PM
Needed to be in the top two for Grand Prizes, will have to settle for a consolation prize, finished about 5th overall out of 4300 entries, not bad, had enough woulda coulda shoulda stories to last until next year!

That's awesome Stark...and wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better
then "not bad"  :celebrate:
that is some serious handicapping  :chickendance:

stark

Thanks very much Senator, I played 37 days, played one race of their choice each day and missed by $8bucks at the end with over $4,100 in winnings!. 

While 1st and 2nd place earned trips in the big annual Vegas tournament plus $1,000 travel expense, I can't wait to see what the consolation runner-up prizes are, I'm guessing a T-Shirt or Umbrella with Del Mar logos that were left over from giveaway days of the past. ;)

Catalina

Quote from: stark on September 05, 2016, 05:46:44 PM

Good job, Stark!!!

stark

I think I'll go for the sweatshirt for my reward!?

Congratulations Stark!

You placed in the top 10 of the DMTC Online Handicapping Contest. Please ensure your address is correct in MyDelMar and fill out the following survey to pick your prize.

Prize Preference *
Del Mar Signature Shirt (Blue)
2017 Season Pass
Del Mar Sweatshirt (varied)

The deadline to pick your prize is Tuesday September 20th by NOON Pacific Time. Please make sure your address is correct in MyDelMar to receive your prize.

Thank you!
Claire & Chris

Catalina

Yeah, Stark!!!

stark

Quote from: Catalina on September 12, 2016, 05:53:58 PM
Yeah, Stark!!!

I'll still haven't quite gotten over it all, 37 days, one race per day, $100 W-P-S bets, collected over $4100 in winnings and missed the grand prize by a nose photo.  Oh well, maybe I'll win Midweek Mayhem so I don't get to keep score again! ;)

If somebody here can really use the season pass to attend next year's races at Del Mar, let me know and I'll check and see if it's transferable before ordering a lousy sweatshirt.

Print
User actions