Pacific Classic 08/24/14

Started by peeptoad, August 24, 2014, 10:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeptoad

I just took a closer look at this race, and there are a few horses I strongly like, and a few others than I think would be excellent to use underneath in exotics.
I would play against Game on Dude here, simply because of his likely price. I think he could blow the doors off these guys, or finish out of the money. Neither result would surprise me, and his price will be too short for a play imo. I'm willing to let him beat me.
I think both Toast of New York and Shared Belief are the strongest win candidates. Of the two I prefer Toast of NY. His price will be better, but I think he will take money; just not as much as SB. There are question marks about SB, but he is fast and has handled a variety of tracks/distances, although this is his stiffest test yet, by far.
The other two horses I like for exotics are Irish Surf and You Know I Know. Both are fast enough to hit the board (and YKIK was 3rd here last year) and have handled AW and relative distance well. To a lesser extent I might also use Clubhouse Ride. He appears better on dirt, and he just doesn't hit the board as consistently. He's a horse I would use sparingly though.

I'll probably play Toast of NY across, depending on his price, and Shared Belief for the win.
exacta key: 8,11/ 2,6,8,9,11
Might also box the 2,6,8,11 for the exacta.

good luck

The Tin Man

If Shared Belief doesn't get it ... I'm betting Majestic Harbor will ...

My heart want the Dude ... but I think he's gonna crater.  :(

peeptoad

That was a powerful run by Shared Belief and he earned a 115 BSF... now he likely gets one more race (the Awesome Again) prior to the BC. Chrome better have his running shoes on!

Man o Taz

Quote from: The Tin Man on August 24, 2014, 11:57:19 AM
If Shared Belief doesn't get it ... I'm betting Majestic Harbor will ...

My heart want the Dude ... but I think he's gonna crater.  :(

Majestic Harbor was my pick for this race.

I never thought Shared Belief could hold on.

Happy to be proven wrong.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Print
User actions