Ebby sells for 2.1 million ...

Started by The Tin Man, November 05, 2013, 11:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tin Man

... To a U. S. bidder ... St. George Farms(Mr. Commons' owners) ...

She will stay in training with John Shirreffs too.

All in all, this went extremely well for her fans.  :)

So glad Japan didn't get her.

WarBiscuit

Glad she is staying with John. I hope we get to see a bit more of her on the track next year - and, of course,
I hope that she does well!

WarBiscuit

Zenyatta

I'm so glad she stayed in this country. With the "broodmare drain" that happens every November, this news had me heaving a big sigh of relief.

jjacks1

This is great news! And yes I dread this time of year - everyone retires and everyone gets shipped overseas. Glad Ebby will still be with us!  :happy:
Just another sh*tty day in Paradise

Islandgirl45

Excellent news! I hope she'll benefit from some gate schooling and show some of her talent this year.

Man o Taz

Very happy.

Another excuse to head to the race track if she runs at all this year in NY.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Catalina

Quote from: Islandgirl45 on November 05, 2013, 07:35:11 PM
Excellent news! I hope she'll benefit from some gate schooling and show some of her talent this year.

Wonder how big she is relative to Zenyatta in her last year of racing.  Those gates must be awfully claustrophobic for large horses.

BaroqueAgain1

Sorry, 'Taz, but Ebby is no longer in NY. Listening to TVG Hollywood Park coverage a little while ago, and the guys said that Ebby is back in John's barn at Hollypark already...and that Shirreffs will be in SoCal for the winter.

The Tin Man

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on November 07, 2013, 02:24:44 PM
  Sorry, 'Taz, but Ebby is no longer in NY. Listening to TVG Hollywood Park coverage a little while ago, and the guys said that Ebby is back in John's barn at Hollypark already...and that Shirreffs will be in SoCal for the winter.

Ahhhh ... but Taz is speaking of coming to HP in December ... So he may get to see Ebby after all!  :)

Catalina

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on November 07, 2013, 02:24:44 PM

Good for Shirreffs.

BaroqueAgain1

Tin Man, I hope you will get a chance to see Ebby with your own eyes once she starts coming out to the track for exercise. Then, you can let us all know how she compares with Queen Z, size-wise. Last I read, the filly was 17+ hands.

The Tin Man

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on November 07, 2013, 05:07:53 PM
  Tin Man, I hope you will get a chance to see Ebby with your own eyes once she starts coming out to the track for exercise. Then, you can let us all know how she compares with Queen Z, size-wise. Last I read, the filly was 17+ hands.

Yeah ... I plan on it in the next 1-3 weeks.

I haven't seen her in the stables since PRE-her racing career ... So I'm betting she's really filled out. She was so tall and gangly when I'd seen her.

I'll keep you posted and post some pics once I see her again.  :)

Man o Taz

Quote from: BaroqueAgain1 on November 07, 2013, 05:07:53 PM

Well, I saw Ebby at Saratoga this summer and also saw Zenyatta for the 2010 Breeders Cup at Churchill.

But one wold expect an Eblouissante at 4 is certainly going to be different than a Zenyatta at 6 and they were. Zenyatta had a much fuller, more muscular build to her when we saw her at Churchill. Eblouissante is sleeker and narrower. This gives her the appearance of being just as talk as Zenyatta but my understanding is that she is two fingers shorter than the Breeders Cup Champion. Just glad to know we will see more of her racing.

Look forward to possibly seeing her at Hollywood Park.
"And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath upon it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse" - old Bedouin saying.

Man o Taz

Ebby seems like she is working well.

I wonder if the goal is the same as it was last year before her training was interrupted...the Santa Margarita.

I should think so. She may be training up to the Santa Maria stakes.

Just hope she heads to NY again this summer.

BaroqueAgain1

Somehow, I doubt that John wants her to experience the New York starting gate again. If he can get her over the memory of that lousy, painful experience, why borrow trouble by taking her back there?  ;)

Print
User actions